Should i Trust Ovulation Pain or OPK to pin point Ovulation ??

shivangi1210

Reaction score
Hi friends,

This is my first cycle TTC so i have lots of questions in my mind.
Normally i have 32 days cycle. this month my cycle was stretched to 39 days.
Now i'm not able to identify when i actually ovulated. I need your help on this so that i can plan next time accordingly.
25 Feb -- AF
15 March -- Expected Ovulation according to charts.
17 March -- Sharp pain in right ovary which lasted for 20 minutes (i didn't tested for OPK)
22 March -- Pain/ Pressure in right ovary after BDing lasted for 2 hrs.
23 March -- Poistive OPK (Dark Control line)
23 March + 14 -> 6th April (Next AF)

So if actually ovulated on 23 then why i felt the pain on 17.
I normally have this sharp pain every month and i thought its an ovulation pain.

So i ovulated on 17th or 23 ??
Can i have Ovulation pain one week before Ovulation (lasts for 20 mins )??

I would go with the OPK+. Ovulation pain isn't as reliable as it could be caused by something else, maybe you have some small cysts on the ovary or it might not even be the ovary.

I get ovulation pain about 2 days before positive OPK and positive OPK a day before temperature rise.

Temperature rise is the only way pinpointing exactly when you ovulate.....positive OPK is typically 24-36 hours before ovulation as it simply detects the LH surge

As the others said, +OPK should be considered, not the ovulation pain. I have PCOS and I get ovulation pain from basically CD1 until I ovulate a full 2 weeks later. You have to remember that the follicle is growing all the way up to ovulation which is where a lot of that pain can come from. Growing pains as it were.

I think it was also said too, but if you really want to confirm O, I would suggest charting. That is always your best bet.

Thanks Bee Bee.

I'm on CD 3 and started Charting from today as well.
i wake up at 4:45 am and normally i have disturbed sleep.
I mean i keep getting up for checking the time.
Its not like i get up from bed, i just wake up, check time and then again sleep (Not much physical movement,just picking up the phone from bedside)
So do you think this can affect my Charting.

I read some where that for accuracy you need to have at least 3 hrs sleep/ body should be at rest.

I have found that it hasnt affected it too much on nights where I sleep the same. I think you'll be fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->