Should I try the 15miu tests?

interaura

Reaction score
I've been using the Ebay cheapy 30miu tests for a few months now, and although my temp charts confirm ovulation, I never get a true positive on the opks. The darkest I ever normally get is like this....

https://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5545/tue1600fh0.th.jpg

Should I stick to the 30miu, with a "so so" line, or try the 15miu? Do they give off false positives (like a line the whole month)?

You may have to use these several times during the day to catch the surge. I found that there was one day where I did 4 or 5 tests just to get the darkest one. You can easily miss it on the pee sticks. Temping is alot more accurate.

I temp as well, I just like the double reassurance. :lol: I usually do them twice a day, maybe I should start doing more??

If you use 15mlu ones you are never going to get a true positive. Trust me, if I use 15mlu they are positive for 75 percent of the month.

They say a true surge is 20 to 25mlu plus so all a 15mlu would pick up, at times, is a natural level of LH in your urine. I would always advise opting for higher than 20mlu for this reason.

If you use 15mlu ones you are never going to get a true positive. Trust me, if I use 15mlu they are positive for 75 percent of the month.

They say a true surge is 20 to 25mlu plus so all a 15mlu would pick up, at times, is a natural level of LH in your urine. I would always advise opting for higher than 20mlu for this reason.

Do you reckon the 20miu Ebay ones would be better then? They are midstream, so a bit more expensive. I was worried about getting a line all the time on the 15miu, just like you've said - can you tell the difference when you are ov - or do they look the same all the time?

Do you reckon the 20miu Ebay ones would be better then? They are midstream, so a bit more expensive. I was worried about getting a line all the time on the 15miu, just like you've said - can you tell the difference when you are ov - or do they look the same all the time?

Mine all look the same if I use 15mlu ones. They all look dark positive, darker than the control line, and it can be like this every single day. I am using some today that are 25lmu and they have not shown up positive at all. Am on CD14 so I probably haven't Ov'd yet, but if I use one of the 15mlu ones they are again dark positive.

You're better off with 20 plus. That way it will only be positive if it actually is positive

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->