• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should I up her formula again?

candycrush

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
Hi there,

My daughter is now 9 months old, eating three meals a day and a few small snacks (however what with crumbling bits off and generally making a mess it's hard to tell how much of her snacks are actually eaten!), and has 3 bottles of formula totalling 580 mls a day.

I had her on 4 bottles (totalling 720 mls) up until 7.5 months, but took a bottle away as I gave more food and she didn't seem to really need it...and I had read to aim for 500 mls a day and that should be enough milk?

Anyway, she has been sleeping through for a while, but for the last few nights has been waking around 10/11pm hungry - nothing will settle her apart from a bottle...is this a sign that she is not getting enough milk in general or am I falling into a feeding/comfort trap??

Please could people advise me on whether to up her bottles again to 4 a day until she's a bit bigger, or is 720 mls a bit much for a 9 month old? I'm terrified of overfeeding her on formula!

Thank you! :flower:

Mine started doing exactly that at around that time and it's turned out to be a growth spurt, and she just needs settled one during the night with a cuddle.

I wouldn't increase the milk but you could increase the food as you say.

Sounds like your doing a great job :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->