Should I?!

MummyKP

Reaction score
How important do you think it is to chart etc so you know exactly when you're ovulating? We aren't TTCyet but hoping to in the next 4-8 weeks, but I don't chart ATM as I'd rather try and relax and see if it happens naturally for us.i don't want to get to into charting and stressing over it all, but I also don't want to miss our chance each month :/ with our careers we are too exhausted to bd every other day each month, do you think we could just try bd from day 10-20 every other day? Last month my cycle was 33 days, ATM I'm currently on day 27 so not sure if it'll be a long cycle or not, just looking for advice really and others' experience.

Hi there :)

I personally wouldn't chart when newly TTC especially if you know your ovulating. Do you have any idea when about your ovulate?

If your BDing 2-3 times a week then your always guaranteed to have sperm there when your egg is released. If 2-3 times a week is too much then just being aware of the day you ovulate and making sure to BD around that date. How long are your cycles?

I'm day 34 so I ovulate around day 20 so if I wasn't up for BDing I would just make sure there was sperm there for around day 20. Those with a 28 day average cycle will ovulate around day 14 so you'd know to BD the days running up to it :) x

As for the rest to relax and enjoy the journey :)

I don't actually know if and when I ovulate, that's my worry. Last months cycle was 33 days, before that they were a bit mixed up for other reasons. Currently keeping track of this months cycle - On day 27 ATM so will see what happens. Usually bd once or twice a week depending on our work schedules etc. sometimes it's more, sometimes less. Obviously when we are TTC, I am sure I'll manage to find the energy somewhere if there's a chance of conceiving lol

Hello! You guys are getting closer that's so exciting! We are waiting to try... no time frame set yet... but I have already started charting. I don't find it stressful at all, it's actually quite simple to reach over for my thermometer each morning and plug it under my tongue while I lay in bed for a moment. I then type my temp into my FF app and it does ask of the interpreting for me. I think everyone is very different, so it's up to you whether you think it will be too much work or not, but you won't know unless you try! Just wanted to share that I've found it very much more helpful than stressful so far

I spent the first month trying to chart/temp/etc... and found it became almost like a chore, and seemed to suck the whole fun out of trying. Second month I just went about my life like normal and jumped my husband when we felt like it, and that's the month I got pregnant. Skipping straight to NTNP with any other children we have!

Do you notice anything different with your body around the time you're supposed to ovulate to help pinpoint it?

I never charted.and just tracked cervical mucus to pinpoint ovulation. We got preggo on the 3rd cycle but probably would have started tracking if it had taken more than 6 months. Maybe try a relaxed NTNP approach for a few months first?

I see NTNP the same as TTC tbh, but that's just my personal opinion. I think the NTNP is just a more relaxed way of saying you are TTC, which is how we will go about it for the first 3 months or so. I don't think charting would be stressful, I just don't want to stress my body out thinking 'oh look im ovulating we need to DTD quick quick' lol last month I had some cramping but I'm not sure if that was a sign? That was the only thing I noticed tbh, not really sure if I have EWCM when I ovulate or not.

I charted for our second TTC and whilst it didnt stress it out in the end it just all felt a little formal. I wanted to make a baby out of love and in the end it was 'Oh im ovulating, cancel your plans and get here now' for want of a better phrase. It can take over your life in other words, if you let it and unfortunately after 4 months it had started to consume me, stupidly and very much against my will. Its not what I wanted for baby making so Next time I wont be bothering. After a few months of coming off my pill, i will at least have some idea of cycle length and can just make sure we DTD before, and around estimated cycle dates. If it doesnt work that way i may try opks.

That's exactly how I feel about it babydustcass, I don't want it to get like that, I want to enjoy TTC and try relax over it all. My opinions my change after the first month if we aren't successful as I know how impatient I am haha but I'd rather be relaxed over it all and still have the fun in our sex life. I am also hoping I can get to know my cycles more, which will obviously help. Thanks all for the advice :)

Its not that important. I charted when ttcing and didnt conceive until we stopped ttcing.
Im going to start charting whilst we're not currently ttcing and then im going to stop when our ttcing date comes to take the pressure off so at least then i know when im ovulating.

I have never charted or even paid attention to anything tbh.The longest we ttook was 8 cycles ntnp, and that 8th cycle we stepped back, had a slip up one night and ds2 was conceived lol. Majority of people don't need to chart or anything. Being relaxed and happy is more important. I would say though if you go to your gp to tell them you're trying tgwn in 12m time if its not happening they'll help. You probably wont need that help, but its reassuring that you're on the system.

Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->