Should is stop the Progestrone?

jbolady

Reaction score
I had a m/c in Oct.(probably due to a low Progestrone Level) and a D&C in November after trying the natural route but it was taking too long. So I was told once I TTC again to start Progestrone Supplements(200mg a day) AF came right on target at the beginning of this month and I am 14DPO. I did HPTs the latest was yesterday and I got a :bfn: so I figure I am "OUT" this month and wondering if the Progestrone maybe preventing AF from showing up? I also know that it may take a while for my cycles to regulate after the m/c. Has anyone else had this happen or have any thoughts on whats up???

My Dr. is closed until Tuesday so I have to wait until then to contact her.

Better safe then sorry. If last time your AF showed. I would wait another day or two :)

I had a m/c in Oct.(probably due to a low Progestrone Level) and a D&C in November after trying the natural route but it was taking too long. So I was told once I TTC again to start Progestrone Supplements(200mg a day) AF came right on target at the beginning of this month and I am 14DPO. I did HPTs the latest was yesterday and I got a :bfn: so I figure I am "OUT" this month and wondering if the Progestrone maybe preventing AF from showing up? I also know that it may take a while for my cycles to regulate after the m/c. Has anyone else had this happen or have any thoughts on whats up???

My Dr. is closed until Tuesday so I have to wait until then to contact her.

I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs:

My FS has me on progesterone suppositories, 200 mg twice/day, starting at 3dpo each month. His specific instructions were to do an HPT on 14dpo, and to stop the progesterone if it was BFN because the progesterone can artificially delay AF.

So long story short, if you had a BFN on 14dpo, then yes, I'd stop the progesterone.

I am on Progesterone too, how long is your Lutual phase normally? If it is 14 days, then that's when you should take your test and if it's negative stop taking it. That is what my doc told me. Just test on the day you should get your period,a nd if you get two lines keep taking it but if not stop and let your period come. It can take a few more days though. I stopped and it took 4 days for AF to appear.

Good luck!

croydongirl its normally 12-14 days, I stopped the Progestrone and I think AF is soon on the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->