Should men be in the labor room *Mother&Baby Mag*

I would of liked my mother and dad-to-be there but unfortunately dad-to-be has anger issues and constantly makes my life hell. he causes me so much stress, hurt and upset and has done through my whole pregnancy. ive told the hospital i dont want him there, after all birthing partners dont go to watch, they go to help and support you through labour and birth. if he was there it would cause me more upset and stress so ive chosen to ring him once my baby is born. I will have my mother there though, she's also my best friend and does everything in her power to make me feel safe and calm, as a mother should.

With my first it was my ex-husband and my best friend that were in the delivery room with me. My second was a loss at 19w4d so that was just my ex and I. Baby #3 ended up being my ex and both our mothers. I didn't mind it a bit, the moms were actually pretty supportive!

This time around, my bf and I have decided to have it just be he and I in the delivery room. He has a much bigger family who would all want to be in the room. Let 1 in and you gotta let em all!! So we're planning on having my parents keep my kids and just telling his family that they can wait in the lobby!

My DH would be offended if I didn't let him in. We were young with our first but him wanting to be there was another sign that he was the one. The only reason that he wouldn't be there with our second is if he was deployed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->