• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should the government restrict what we can call our children?

I think there has to be restriction on the really silly names which cause children to be teased. With me and dh being teachers we were also careful about intiuals. We liked bethany but lo would have inituals bo. Lo is named after my grandma. Im in uk when my grandma was born her mother wanted to call her faye and it wasent allowed, this was in 1920s so she got called josephine which is los name but we call her josie. I get told how unusual my los name is but it suits her.

I think some restrictions should be in place.

Such as, you can't name your child a curse word, or God, or Hitler, or things like that.

But for the most part, people should name their kids what they want... even if most people view it as an idiotic name.

In this day and age, its really sad that there are parents who give their children silly names.
And quite frankly there are bigger issues for government to worry about than names.

I really don't understand some celebrity children names, eg Kanye West and Kim Kadashian name their child North, which is ok, but then add the surname, North West and its like what where they thinking? did they get that from google maps

:rofl: google maps! Yh im not a fan of the two names togther although north on its own isnt bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->