Should we be bailing out other countries?

lesleyann

Mummy
Reaction score
I keep thinking about this am im not to sure to be honest;

Yes it must be horrible for your country to be falling away but greece is asking for a second handout.

We the UK that is have enough debt of our own to pay off should we really be handing out money to others because they are in debt? No one is handing money to us?

Whats your views ?

I am not too sure where I stand on this one. As I disagree with it I think we should look after our own, so to speak.

But then God forbid if something tragic happened to this country as a whole I don't know who we would turn to.

thats my view too, i would hate for us to be stuck however we owe how many billions?? yet keep sending billions to other countries

I guess we bail out countries financially because it benefits us for the global economy to be stable which i can understand.

I definitly agree with aid hand outs as yes we may owe alot of money but 99% of people in this country are clothed, fed and have a roof over there head which alot of people in other countrys dont have. I read in the sun today someone saying why should we bail them out when people in this country are suffering but our "suffering" is nothing comapred to some of the countrys we help.

I like to think the countries that can would do the same for us if we needed it

^ Yep it's all to do with propping up economies to stop 'contagion' which basically means collapses spreading. Things could get a lot worse if we were to just let whole countries' economies fall over.

This page https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13798000 explains it reasonably well :flower:

I understand the whole EU thing, and needing to rely on other countrys if anything were to happen to the UK, but i do Not think we should be bailing out other countries when we hardly have any money as it is. And the fact its a 2nd handout is really taking the mick :growlmad:
But thats just my opinion

Its hard because we had to buy some of their debt, well our banks did anyway so if we dont help them we lose all that money but at the same time we would be losing anyway.

I am swaying towards saying no, we are all struggling and as a country we should be helping our own first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->