Should we start actively trying?

keepingfaaith

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to this so will give you a quick run down on my situation :)
My partner and I are 20, both have wanted to actively start trying for 2 years but did not due to financial circumstances and we have been financially stable for a year now and pretty excited to start ttc. I stopped taking my birth control pill 6 months ago as we have chosen not to prevent but not to try. After 6 months I am still not pregnant. The only reason we have not started actively ttc is I Feel that would put extra stress and sadness on me every month when af arrives.. Also it is worrying me that something may be wrong with me as in the 6 months ive been off birth control, 3 Of my friends have accidentally Fallen pregnant on birth control without even trying!
My questions are is it normal that I have not yet conceived? And should we actively start trying or continue with how things are now?

Everyone is different hun and only you can make the choice on how you want to TTC, whether that be using opk's, temping or just seeing how it goes every month. It can take awhile for things to get back to normal after using BC and if your not aware of when you ov then it's actually quite easy to miss it every month.

I fell straight away with my son and then it took a year to concieve my daughter, it really is one of those things you can't predict or plan, it will happen when it happens. They do say though if you have been actively trying for a year with no success then you should seek help from your Dr.

Hope this helps. xx

Oh wow you had 2 completely different experiences when TTC! That did help, thankyou :). Its just sending me crazy doing all this baby shopping with my pregnant friends and knowing its not my turn! We have decided were goIng to start actively TTC in March, so I'm getting very excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->