Show me your living rooms!!

MrsT&Ben

Reaction score
I live in rented so my walls are Mongolia (yick) but it occured to me the other day that my living room isn't very homely. I have a tv cabinet. Two sofas and the kids toys shoved in a corner.
I Want to make it look more grown up and more like home.
What does yours look like? Do you have a theme? Desperate for ideas!
:flower:

My living room looks like a nursery currently because it's so tiny and my DDs play mat and toys take up the whole middle of the room! To make it homely we've got pictures, candles, cushions, rugs and have throws in the winter. We've also got things on the windowsill (out the way of my LO) xxx

If you are limited with decorating, I've found that plenty of pictures of the kids really helps.

As good as it gets :haha: Ignore DD's and the mess.
14269719_10157333522345858_1351560510_n.jpg

14256803_10157333519670858_67542263_n.jpg

Was Magnolia, then changed to "coast" from Wilkos.

11949539_10155912992475858_8422564170027228981_n.jpg

This is what I have.
Sideboard, TV unit and sofa + footstool - oakfurnitureland (OH worked for clearance for a few months so got them all for £150 delivered)
Curtains - ASDA
Rug - B&M
https://i.imgur.com/rDhMHgS.jpg

I maybe wasn't the best person to answer. Magnolia walls and masses of toys! It's his play room with our sofa in it!

I only haven't decorated because I haven't had the time. My plan was to do a really warm orange feature wall and do the rest a shade closer to white. The toys stay though!

I maybe wasn't the best person to answer. Magnolia walls and masses of toys! It's his play room with our sofa in it!

I only haven't decorated because I haven't had the time. My plan was to do a really warm orange feature wall and do the rest a shade closer to white. The toys stay though!

I have a burnt Orange feature wall and magnolia on the others (we need to re do them) i love it its soo cosy and warm.

I have the tv on that wall with a side board. I still need to get some art work for the walls but i have a few printed canvases of me and my daughter and some little circular mirrors.

We have white walls! Though hoping to paint an off whiteish colour next year. We have a leather black sofa, a big reddish moroccan rug, black leather bean (massive!), throws, oak dining table, reclaimed wood coffee table. I like adding colour with our furniture :)

Currently have toys everywhere so not taking a photo :haha:

We have Polished Pebble paint on three walls, it is a stone greyish colour. We have a warn purple colour (almost dark fuchsia) on the fourth wall, which has our tv mounted with an uplighter at either side of the TV. We have an Ikea storage unit under the tv with the xbox etc on top, much to my annoyance, and all the toys and my work stuff is inside. Our sofa is grey fabric, 60s style but q corner group and a low chair. We have purple cushions and a purple rug. We have a bay window and the chair is in the window. We have white blinds and stone coloured curtains to match the wall, but we are chainging them to purple too. Our floor is wood.

We've got a big living room, yellow walls, lots of art and photographs everywhere, coffee tables and end tables and 2 big sofas and 2 chairs up one end, a piano, side board and fish tank, and then a dining table up the other end. We've also got book shelves around with lots of ornaments and trinkets, more photographs in frames (in front of books and dvds) on, and rugs etc in greens and browns. My favourite bit is our big cd and record collection, which I am obsessed with, and then on the walls we have framed all our old gig tickets in three big frames, I love our living room!

We've got a big living room, yellow walls, lots of art and photographs everywhere, coffee tables and end tables and 2 big sofas and 2 chairs up one end, a piano, side board and fish tank, and then a dining table up the other end. We've also got book shelves around with lots of ornaments and trinkets, more photographs in frames (in front of books and dvds) on, and rugs etc in greens and browns. My favourite bit is our big cd and record collection, which I am obsessed with, and then on the walls we have framed all our old gig tickets in three big frames, I love our living room!

This sounds lovely, and so personal. :)

Our living room isn't huge. We have a large fireplace and to one side are the kids toys and a road playmat for a rug. The other side is a dining table. We have one black leather sofa that has seen better days but waiting until the kids get older before I get a new one. We have a unit that our TV is on tucked in a corner (tv hardly watched) and I have a small area on the wall with all canvas prints of the children.

Colours are apple green feature wall, floral wallpaper on chimney breast and beige walls. Walnut laminate flooring.

Hoping to get OH to paint the room before Christmas. Not sure what colours though.

We rent at the moment, so we just have cream walls in every room! Cream carpet too. We've tried to make it look as homely as we can though - brought an electric fire, and we have lots of ornaments/pictures in every room. I love some of the wall stickers you can buy, they're so easy to put up and makes the walls look a bit less plain.

We're moving at the beginning of next month - I can't wait to decorate properly! I think I might do red in the living room. X

white walls and toys . and black furniture xD

One wall is black and white flower wallpaper which I love. The other three walls are painted cream colour. We have a fireplace, patio doors and a black carpet.

I'll get some pics later as looks like an explosion at at a toy factory at the moment lol.

Ours is grey with lilac damask paper either side of tthe chimney breast (other half built it) on the chimney breast we have the tv in the wall and also a white fire on the wall. Kids toys are in a white trofast unit from ikea. Hate our sofas but gonna get new ones after Xmas xx

I love white or magnolia feels really clean and fresh to me..... I've painted my actual stairs white I love them! But so hard to keep clean with kids again after Xmas were gonna carpet them x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->