Show me your travel system!!

shelx

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys
Reaction score
Ok so im definitely getting a travel system and most likely just buggy with carseat (dont think we would use the lie flat part too much)

My mum and dad are buying it so obviously dont want to pick anything too expensive but want it to be good quality and durable!!

So which ones are you ladies getting?

Ive had my eye on a few mainly this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Klassic-Pu...HIOG/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1362652917&sr=8-5

This is what we've gone for:
https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/ducksdontquack/365537FB-4FC2-46E6-B23D-9A24850AEB9C-2252-000002BCE5BFA470.jpg

It's the iCandy peach jogger. Just remember if you're not option for a carrycot, it really is better for a baby to be flat to help their spine development, and they shouldn't be in a carseat for too long at any one time. A lot of travel systems come with one. If baby is small/prem, you might really benefit from a carrycot. It also protects them more from the elements as they're shielded.

Thanks for the info hun il take that on board. Its just we walk most places atm and if it rained or something and we got stuck what would we do :haha: but have to think of baby and most travels systems arnt that much dearer that include them which is good.

yours looks great, does it come with a car seat?
X

Shelx push chairs that don't lie flat aren't suitable for newborns, they need to lay flat, they can be in car seats but believe for no longer than an hour/ 2 hous at a time as it affects both there spine and can effect breathing. You can of course get a travel system and car seat combi with the pushchair that lies flat instead of getting a carrycot.

edit that the one you are looking at does go flat so is suitble from birth its not necessary to have the carry cot if the pram base will go flat as that one does.

images

I like this one, the carrycot is a carseat and lies flat when on the pram. I had a carrycot with my 1st baby and thought it was a waste of money as it was bought seperately and he was out of it by 6 months. It it comes with the pram, like the bugaboo then great!

Agree that baby does need to lie flat

Ok il get one where baby lies flat too :) yous have changed my mind lol, didnt realise how important it was. Until what age do they need to lie flat?
Xx

images

I like this one, the carrycot is a carseat and lies flat when on the pram. I had a carrycot with my 1st baby and thought it was a waste of money as it was bought seperately and he was out of it by 6 months. It it comes with the pram, like the bugaboo then great!

love that one whats it called? Is lovely in pink but I dont think my boy would appreciate it lol
Xx

images

love that one whats it called? Is lovely in pink but I dont think my boy would appreciate it lol
Xx

It's a Jane slalom pro. he brand is Jane they do lots of different styles of pram with the lie flat carseat, it lots of colours too :)

I really wanted one of them but struggle to get one (the Jane pro), I've got a trenton deluxe travel system and we'll just see how she goes as I've got very specific requirements :). X

I really wanted one of them but struggle to get one (the Jane pro), I've got a trenton deluxe travel system and we'll just see how she goes as I've got very specific requirements :). X

I know what you mean about having specific requirements..... or just being pick :haha: I went through 6 prams with my 1st! By the time Tom turned 18 months I'd finally settled on this:

images

It's the lightest all terrain out there and the new version is now a travel system.

I had a Graco Symbio with DS, pushchair and carrycot and totally loved it! The only downside i found was the shopping basket was tiny! We didnt have one but you can get a carseat to clip on the chassis and the current model has a lie flat baby nest so theres no need for the seperate carrycot.
Now i'm cooking baby 2 we'v got a baby jogger city select with a double kit, carrycot and maxi cosy car seat. Im using it as a single at the mo and to be honest its brilliant and cant wait to try it out as a double!

Random question tho about carseats and prams....
You know the type of prams where the carseat kind of clips on to the pushchair seat facing towards you to kind of make it into a pram (quite a few of the Graco travel systems are like this) Does that rule still apply that baby should only be in it for 1 or 2 hours?
Dont even know why i'm asking that cos i dont have that type of pram but for some reason it popped into my head!

Yeah if the baby's in a carseat then it should be limited to 2hrs max due to spine development x

I have and am very sad to lose my Silver Cross 3D.

Can't find a picture that it will let me post up but this thing, while expensive has last 3.5 years, 2 very large children and weekly shops hanging off it. It gets so punished, and it's still going strong. I've got to buy a double due to expecting number 3, and I'm so sad to lose my lovely 3d.

It comes with all the bits to make a pram or you can simply lie the pushchair back to flat - both my boys have been out of the pram by 6 weeks but it's so useful to have that pram even just to use as a little cot/basket in the living room or when visiting people in the early days.

It can fit a carseat although I've never done this. I think there's normally offers on where you get the carseat free or discounted if you buy the package.

Basically, I would recommend it! It's heavy though - be warned, but it folds compact (same size as a travel cot) rather than concertina like a lot of the modern 3-wheelers etc. I find it's bulky but in that, it's reassuringly sturdy.

I've got a babystyle oyster with carrycot and maxi cosi carseat :) x

I've just ordered the icandy peach with carrycot and maxi cosi car seat :)

we dont have a big budget, and have decided on this;

https://www.mothercare.com/Motherca...ushchair-Travel-System/555736,default,pd.html

it isnt out yet, so when it comes we will give it a test in store :)

edit it comes in dark blue and plum, so colour choice will be depending on sex of the little peanut

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->