Shrimp in First Tri

txrangersfan

Reaction score
Curious if cooked shrimp is safe in the first tri? Not sure since the nervous system development this tri.

Cooked is fined, you want to stay away from raw seafood and raw eggs. :)

I thought it wasn't. I've been avoiding all shellfish.

Everything I read says cooked shrimp is ok all the way through. Shelfish is only bad if raw.

Though who the heck knows. One thing I read says cold cuts ok. Next things says COLD CUTS BAD!

When I was pregnant with my daughter the doctor just said to stay away from caffeine and raw foods. I ate cooked shrimp all the time :shrug:

As above, as long as it's been cooked through thoroughly x

Omg I feel like a fool. I even refused prawn crackers the other day! Might go and treat myself now :D

When I was pregnant with my daughter the doctor just said to stay away from caffeine and raw foods. I ate cooked shrimp all the time :shrug:

Wow. At my appt yesterday, I was told to try and have a cup of coffee a day. I told her I didn't like coffee and she said try a frapp. I told her that I thought caffeine was bad. She said not at all. I'm starting to believe I'm getting crappy info all around

Wow. At my appt yesterday, I was told to try and have a cup of coffee a day. I told her I didn't like coffee and she said try a frapp. I told her that I thought caffeine was bad. She said not at all. I'm starting to believe I'm getting crappy info all around
Really? I mean I never gave up my caffeine but I was never encouraged to consume it either. I wonder why she wants you too? Do you usually drink soda or anything?

I've never heard of someone being encouraged to drink coffee! Did she tell you what benefit there was supposed to be? Was it just a suggestion because of first trimester fatigue?

Any cooked shellfish is fine. I asked my midwife about it and she encouraged me to eat a lot of all kinds of seafood, as long as it's cooked and not one of the high mercury fish. If she had her way, I'd eat a heck of a lot more shrimp than I do... The omega 3 is really good for you and for baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->