Shrinking Fetal Pole

day3

Reaction score
My LMP was January 22. 4 wks ago, I went in for my first ultrasound. I should have been 7 wks 1 dy, but everything was measuring 6 wks 1dy. Everything looked good and we saw the heartbeat. I went back this wk (10 wks 3 dys). The Dr. couldn't hear the heartbeat with the fetal doppler so she did an ultrasound. During the ultrasound, the gestational sack measured correctly, but the yolk sack disappeared and the fetal pole was still measuring 6 wks 1 dy. She tested my HcG and it has dropped 500 mIU/mL. It was 18,220 at 5 wks 3 dys and 17,700 at 10 wks 3 dys. My doctor has told me that she doesn't think this pregnancy is viable. I am scheduled for a follow-up ultrasound next week but they seem to think thatI will officially miscarry before then.

I still feel pregnant and haven't had any cramping or bleeding. Is there any chance that this pregnancy can be successful, or am I just in denial? Anyone have any similar situations?

Unfortunately I had a similar situation and it was a loss. I had medical management as my body was holding onto a failed pregnancy.
I am so sorry. If you feel like you need more time and another ultrasound then take it. This is your body and your baby. My happy news is that I got pregnant with my rainbow on my next cycle and he is a healthy toddler. I hope the same for you.

I've experienced two missed miscarriages which is what it sounds like you're dealing with!! I'm so sorry:hugs:

I'm sorry for your losses. This is our first child. We've had 2 chemical pregnancies and now this. I think I just need a confirmation before it sinks in.

I'm so sorry sounds like a missed miscarriage,take all the time you need as pp said it's your body and your baby x

I'm so sorry :hugs: It sounds like a missed miscarriage, as the others have said. A viable pregnancy would have been clearly seen as a baby shape with a heartbeat at 10 weeks. So sorry. :hugs:

Im so so sorry ive had this happen to me twice unfortunately your body still thinks its pregnant even though the baby must of passed away shortly after your last scan :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->