shud i of woke her

fulltimemum

Reaction score
rite girls nicole is a very good sleeper but last night i fed her at 1.30am and she didnt wake up for her next feed so i woke her up at 10 this moring and she drank a full bottle .im realy worried when she does this is it normal for her to sleep for so long :cry:

How old is she hun? Because when Olivia was 1 or 2 weeks old, she could sleep for ages, and my midwife told me to try & wake her to feed her after 6 hours if she didn't wake up on her own.

I was told to wake them every 4-6 hours until they were 4 weeks to feed. After 4 weeks, start letting them get into their own routine. Niamh was sleeping through from 5 weeks. Isn't Nicole around 4/5 weeks?

All newborns tend to sleep sleep sleep! They have there days when they sleep the majority of the day! Dont worry nothing is wrong its all normal :)
If you feel alittle worried that she hasnt been drinking enough and has gone hours without a bottle , slowly wake her :) It wont do her any harm :hugs:

that is quite a long time! longest kai went without a bottle was 7 hours but i was trying to get him to take it from 5 hours lol!! i think best not to leave her for over 6 hours until shes at least 4 weeks, but i dont know, its probably fine to leave her just seems like a really long time for a baby to go without a bottle lol

That is quite a long time, think the most Rebecca went was 5 hours at that age. I was told not to let them go for longer than about 5 hours and that it was ok to wake them up to feed.
I wouldnt worry about it though but speak to your MW if you are

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->