Shyly stepping in for some help...

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
:hi: girls,
A girl i know at work had a little girl 12 weeks early, i want to get her a gift for LO but not sure what to get. Any suggestions?

Thankies :flower:

I personally would wait until the wee one is home before buying something. I would get your friend a card and write some nice words in it saying that you will be there for her in the coming weeks. It's totally up to you tho xx

Agree witj Dona, kind words and support is what you need at this stage. Your friend will be in a state of bewilderment and shock, plus stressed and worried. As a nice gesture you could offer to cook meals for her or help out with shopping/chores, all the mundane tasks which need to be done yet are the furthest things from her mind. My friend did this for me and it meant more to me than any gift she bought for us.

The best gift I got after having Harry was an ear (not literally!!) and a big congratulations :D

def agree with the girls, people always unintentionally forget to congratulate new premmie parents and go straight to the 'are they ok'?. Just being there to listen is enough. If you wanted to you could make up a care pack for them ie tea, coffee some snacks, things to get a wee freshen up as we always neglected to look after ourselves and forget about this stuff and not all units have parents facilities xx

She lives with her mum so i think the shopping and chores shes okay for but the toiletries pack is a great idea, thanks :)

A nice fluffy blanket for cuddles. Mr Foo's mum bought us one and it was so much nicer to have that than the horrid blankets at the hospital.

Apart from that I'd agree with the others. Give a big congratulations and lend her an ear.

Giving her the link to this forum is also a good idea!

Fluffly blanket is a good idea, the hospital ones are awful, so hard and rough.

Definately agree, a nice blanket is a great idea!

If you are loking for a nice blankie then you could try ebay. I got a cream fleece blankie that has Pooh Bear and Tigger on it, with her name and date of birth embroidered on it too, it's really special and cosy too!!

https://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy357/sherryberry1979/DSC00291.jpg

My friend had a baby last Sunday and I have ordered one for her too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->