Siatica?

Cat

Reaction score
Well I had my first midwife appointment at my new doctors the other day, it didnt go great due to Noah screaming throughout the appointment and the midwife was keen for me to change hospital :(

I told her about the hip pain I have been having, as Im with another hospital she said I needed physio but she has no idea who to refer me to or how, so has given me a phone number to try to sort out myself. She didnt mentain it being SPD but instead suggested that it may be siatica.

I have no idea what this is or what the symptoms are, anyone ever had this? Basically the pain is in my right hip most of the time at the back not the side, sometimes both hips, I can normally open my legs okay, ut twisting and bending and walking for longer than say 20 mins causes sharp pain and weakness like I cant support the trunk of my body.

It's SPD hunnie

To get in the physio you need your G.P to refer you who will do so at any hint of the word SPD. The physio should see you or contact you within days and bobs your uncle. I do feel for you I really do. My physio said that hip pain is also a common complaint and I htink of the top of my head sciatica shoots down the leg as the nerve is aggravated in the back as opposed to hips.

In all fairness midwives don't know a lot about SPD or muscular complaints,so they just pass you on.

And have what hospital you want by the way it is YOUR choice even if your team/midwife isnt at that one,the chances of you getting one is slim in any case
Chin up hun

Bex.x

definately sounds like SPD, you may start getting it in your groin area to and as you get bigger it will feel like constant burning in that area and you won't be able to open your legs

Sciatica (SP) is pains dwn your legs, Andy is suffering with it at the mo and he is in alot of pain with his lower back, bum and legs

sounsd more like SPD to me then sciatica

Definately sounds like spd to me. Mine started initially with niggly back pains when I bent over eg putting lo in car seat i'd bend over then when i got up i was in pain. I ceased up stood in woolies once grtting daps for son for school. I then started with difficulty rolling over in bed it was agony. Then pains in right hip that got progressively worse so that i could barely walk. Whne i saw GP I was given painkillers and referred to physio I've ended up with crutches but does mean i can get about. I woukd definitely go and see GP for physio referral. I had siatica with ds when he lay awkward and the pain with that is more in bottom and leg and pain is when you put weight thru leg to walk.

I agree about mw mine is aware of spd but is pretty unsympathetic and unhelpful. I'm seeing consultant in a couple of weeeks so hope to get a bit more support from him.

Hope yoo ugeet sorted hun and that it doesn't get too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->