Sick after feeds!

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Ok I wouldn't say violently but its enough to soak the top of her clothes round teh neac etc - seems to happen after most feeds sometimes its not straight away so is quite worrying if you have dropped off/a feed in the small hours and your not too alert - will she choke?!

Is it normal?

Shes on SMA gold if thats any use - is it SMA gold that can be seen as too rich and can be the cause of this? < Sure I read it but not sure in general so thought I'd ask.

hey, is normal for kids to be sicky after a feed, and as for sleeping, im sure(dont quote me tho) tht a babies natural reaction(as is ours) is to tilt the head sideyways.

maybe try winding her a bit longer?

i used sma gold and had no problems with it :D

Even if it 9/10 of her feeds Yvanne? It isn't a little dribble.

Hope its a natural reaction its quite worrying.

is she just sick, or does it "project"

if it doesnt project, then you can rule out reflux, maybe try another milk? every baby is diff, aptimil is meant to be good too hun x

What do you mean by project? Wouldn't that mean shes more sick at the front? It appears to be to one side in a gush)? Maybe Im being thick :blush: lol

project as in projectile vomiting hun, as in it practically hits your walls n ceilings lol, or is it just kinda, burp sick..

Ok well its not hitting the ceilings lol its not passing her moses basket but when you think shes all winded and shes settled for a nap next thing you'll look (sometimes) and shes chucked up quite a bit and its running down her face to round her neac leaving her soaking & needing changed. Its not always immediately or shortly after her feed either hour ish later sometimes.

maybe try a diff milk hun, sounds like its sitting on her stomach :(

Think Ill ring HV moro (the 24 hr number) then and see what they think and go get her some if they think I should change.

she cud just be a sicky baby hun, callum was x

I found Cow n Gate milk ok my girls sick cause of allergic reactions to lactose!

None of the LO's in our family can use SMA it to heavy like yvanne said for there tummy ...... Maybe try some different milk??

May have reflux hunni

Wanna chat give me a call hun
xxx

Is it ok just to change milk over? If it is ok I may just change it she seems ok within herself (although wasn't other day)!

Charlie and Coby were both very sicky babies, i was forever changing there tops and bedding, from what you have described i would say its normal for a bottle fed baby, mine were always sick quite a bit after each feed.

Ethan had a milk allergy, its very different from teh normal sicky amount, if Caitlin had an allergy you would soon know about it, itsd an obsene amount of sick all the time.

Its fine for you to change her milk over, i have head alot of bad stuff about SMA, no one i know has got on with it, just be aware that she might be constipated for a couple of days while she gets used to the change over

x

We had the same problem, Thomas was always covered in sick as soon as I turned my back which is why he never wore clothes, he lived in sleepsuits. Much easier lol.
Sometimes he projectiled it across the room too, not nice.

We changed his milk from SMA Gold to Cow and gate because of the sick and constipation, did ok for the first week or two, poo was much better but then he started being sick loads again.
So we changed again to C&G Comfort at about 6 weeks old and he was still sick but seemed a little less than on SMA.

Since around 4 months we started weaning in and believe me it really helps, hes now very rarely sick. Only if he's too energetic after a feed lol.
I wouldn't recommend you wean her yet lol, not until she's ready. I just thought I'd mention it, to let you know there is light at the end of the tunnel.

You can change her milk whenever you want, obviously don't try a bit of C&G here and a bit of SMA there. It has to be a straight change to a new milk to avoid upsetting her tummy.

Cx

Neither my local chemist or somerfield had cow & gate - they had SMA & Farleys grrrr :confused:

Jack constantly spit up. It took us 4 mons (thanks to military doctors grr) for him to be diagnosed with reflux and he never projectiled either. I had him on every forumula on the market and NOTHING helped except for the enfamil A.R. (for reflux- it has rice cereal in it) but the downfall was it constipated him so we took him off and just dealt with it. He FINALLY stopped spitting up at around 10mons old. It sucked!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->