sick and coping with sick kids!

laneylaney

Reaction score
Hi all.

Does anyone have any advice. I am 17 weeks pregnant, aneamic and asthmatic with flu symptoms and have a 10month old and who is also sick with a fever. I have just done the school run for my 6 year old and feel like passing out! I have no energy. I am dreading going to the school this afternoon to collect him. I have already cancelled two appointments today - antenatal and heamatologist. My ten month girl needs so much attention today and I just want to take the two of us up to bed but she wont sleep without me and I cant bring her into the bed with me incase she falls out.

I have no family that can help and my friend are all working.

Does anyone else have any ideas, or something that Im not thinking of?

:cry:

You poor thing. Can you not try making the bed safe so you can both go up for a sleep? Putting lots of cushions on the floor/sleeping with your arm round her?? Even if you don't sleep you could maybe just get some rest if she sleeps next to you? Hope you both feel better soon xx

is your bed against a wall? is the mattress on the floor?

i'm so sorry you are so sick. it's awful, i know.

put on a movie or netflix shows (because they go to the next ep on it's own it's easier than putting a dvd in). make the room you're in with her safe, like lock her in with you lol. try not to take any meds that will make you any more tired than you already are. putting a pool noodle or balled up blanket underneath the top sheet on the edge of the bed works really well for a barrier. if she's in bed with you try not to use a blanket.

set an alarm if you're worried about sleeping through her waking.

get someone over to help you as soon as they are available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->