Sick and Tired of WTT for Baby #1?

PinkPenguin

Unhappily WTT
Reaction score
Hi Ladies :flower:

I'm new here and I would love to meet all of you who are feeling the way I am right now!

I've been married for 4 years and I might go crazy WTT until next year!!!!! I want to be a mother so bad that I cry on a daily basis- and forget watching any birthing shows because I turn into a complete basket case every time!

I am seriously considering going behind my hubby's back and "forgetting" to take my pill if he doesn't decide to cooperate with me pretty soon!! :dohh: I'm an extremely honest person and would never even consider it under normal circumstances, but I'm starting to lose it! :wacko:

Am I all alone or are any of you out there with me? All those who are SICK and TIRED of WTT for your first (and only) baby . . . this one's for you! :kiss:

Welcome to WTT...everyone is lovely here :flower:

I think most people here can really relate to the way you are feeling...it does suck but just try your best to be postive and proactive about your wait.

I know that it has helped me loads just to chat to people and realise that sooooo many people feel exactly the same way as I do (I am less worried that I am crazy now :wacko:)

....oh and I wouldnt worry too much about the dishonest BCP thoughts....I think even the most saintly person has had a fleeting thought like that when WTT .

:flower:

hi

i totally relate to that i feel exactly the same on a daily basis
i simply cant wait and i think my oh knows it - maybe because i'm driving him mad
everyone really does feel the same and wtt is in my opinion harder than ttc

but i may change my mind on that when i start ttc

xx

I haven't even waiting that long and I know how you feel! I could tell oh was getting annoyed by my constantly bringing up wanting to start, so we made a deal. We settled on an exact date, which gives me something to look forward to, and he knows he only has so much time to worry and ask for advise from everyone! I mean everyone, even the older ladies in his night class at college.
Cheers until then!

Thank you ladies :flower:

I do feel better (or at least less crazy) knowing that you all are going through the same thing I am.

Here's another question for you: How did you get your OH to commit to an exact date?!?!?!?! My hubby can't even commit to a year, let alone an exact date! :cry: He keeps giving me the same old junk about how he doesn't want to try until he has EVERYTHING the way he wants, and I'm really starting to worry that he's just going to keep finding excuse after excuse to not try!!!!

Thoughts? Sage advice? Mind control tactics?

I'll take what I can get at this point! :shrug:

I have to admit iv actually tried the missing the pill, did it for 5 days before guilt got the better of me and nothing came of it. I felt so guilty and convinced that he would know if i suddenly announced i was PG that i hadn't took my pill. Its not worth it.

It would be a good idea for you to try and talk about a date, at least then you have something positive to focus on.

Me im well insane by now.

I told him he i wanted them by such and such a date and he dident agree i would have to have a serious think about our relatonship. He knew from the word go i wanted children and dident want to be an old mom "not saying that 30 is old BTW"

I got dh to commit to a date when we sat down and had a big chat about what we both wanted in the future. He wanted more money saved and to do things just the two of us. In the end we agreed my birthday 2011 which does seem like ages away but I feel sooo much happier now that I have a date. I'm using the time to do stuff we couldn't do when baby is here.

Welcome to bn, the ladies here are so nice and supportive :) I hope you enjoy your stay and you can convince your OH to ttc soon xxx

Hi Im new here too only joined a few weeks ago but im addicted already.
We are all in the same boat here. Me and DH set a date for TTC when we returned from our honeymoon in august.
Since then we have had a new baby nephew arrive and my bestest buddy has a adorable little girl of 6 months.
I love spending time with them but find myself getting so down as i desperatley want to start trying now.
I work in a busy shop and have so many pregnant ladies and new mums pass through everyday and find it so hard.

They probably think im very strange as cannot stop myself from looking at them dreaming it could be me.
We are TTC in january so we can clear a few bills first but my god the time is going so slow.
I think the best bet is to keep yourself occupied have a big long chat with DH and try to explain how much u want a child of your own.

Good Luck and i hope you can start trying real soon

xx

Thank you ladies :flower:

I do feel better (or at least less crazy) knowing that you all are going through the same thing I am.

Here's another question for you: How did you get your OH to commit to an exact date?!?!?!?! My hubby can't even commit to a year, let alone an exact date! :cry: He keeps giving me the same old junk about how he doesn't want to try until he has EVERYTHING the way he wants, and I'm really starting to worry that he's just going to keep finding excuse after excuse to not try!!!!

Thoughts? Sage advice? Mind control tactics?

I'll take what I can get at this point! :shrug:

i just got annoyed because he would not discuss it and i had just started af and i just snapped about money and said well you better sort it because as of my 31st birthday i WILL be trying for a baby. I went to the shops and came back and i said to him do you want to carry on the conversation and he said which one - nice
he said we cant think about it now as we dont have any money and i said well i will start to save
he said if i have £1000 by my birthday then we will.

I think getting angry with him and just blurting it out (and he saw how serious i was) got him talking.

you will get there - if i did with my oh who is a pain in the bum then you will

Hey sweetie
I know exactly how you feel, I have been WTT for what feels like years, and now me and OH have decided to get married so have 2 years to wait before trying for our first!
It is so hard, i try to make little goals and think of events coming up like Xmas and birthdays to try and help the time go quicker.
xx

I can really relate to going a little :wacko: waiting.

I am waiting until I am off my meds but I have to be weaned off gradually and it can take months .... :sad2: So that means April 2010 until we try..

Luckily my OH is on my side (he's been begging me for years) We been together 3 and a half years and I'm 21.

Hope you can get DH on your side soon! Patience is a virtue... or so they say...

Me and my partner r the same, we lead very busy lifes and were always booking holidays, out on the beer or out clubbing as he is a part time dj.

We sat down and talked about it and realised there isnt a perfect time!! It will be some body else's wedding , hen , stag birthday, or another big meeting in work, debt worried etc etc ect!!!!!!!!

so we decided we would do something we always wanted to do together, we went to a festival!! we both agreeded after we got home that we would start trying.

And so the story carrys on still waiting for the result!!

best of luck to you xxxxxxxx

here on wtt, we understand how you feel! each one of us have different reasons for waiting and have been waiting for different lengths of time but we all want a baby!

good luck x

Hello, it's a hard old journey waiting when you so desperately want to. I hope you manage to get a date set for you.

I can't remember how we set our date. It kept changing as originally we said we'd start trying when we were 30, then I wanted to change that, hubby gave me a year to lose weight and then I didn't do so well with the weight loss so we put it off for another year, again I haven't done so well losing weight but we had a good chat and have now decided to go for it. I guess it all depends on the reasons for waiting and things. Communication is the big key in this and remember that deception isn't! :) xx

I think if its making you so unhappy, you really need to speak to OH. You want to make sure you are healthy and strong for the time you can TTC, and if you go on crying every day, I think you could end up ill. Take care and I hope you find a solution xxx

Deffinately understand hun, I just had the implant put in tuesday..feel like I am counting down the days to having it out!! 3 years feels unbearable right now! seems men get it easy!

:hugs: chick

Hello PinkPenguin welcome to bnb!!! :flower:

I haven't been waiting as long as you have but i totaly understand!!
We agreed that we would start ttc when we came back form our honeymoon july 2010! Which i was fine with... untill eveyone seemed to be getting pregnant!! Now a close friend is pregnant and I fell awfull but i am upset and eveytime i think about seeing her i cry. I know i sound like a total cow and dreadfull friend :cry: I have though about stopping my pill but know if i was really lucky and fell pregnant straight away it would ruin all our wedding plans!!
I only joined this site this week (after finding out my friend was pg) and I can honestly say that the women on here are BRILLIANT!! they have made me feel a (little) less crazy and have given me some fab advice on preparing for when we do ttc.

here if you need a chat. :flower:
bb2010 xx

Nothing will ever be perfectly in order, and really no one can say exactly when the right time is! He's probably just apprehensive about becoming a daddy. It's a life-changing event! Hopefully he'll come round soon though, hun :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->