Sick and worried how it's affecting bean

eeyore83

Reaction score
Well, I can't complain too much. I've been relatively healthy and comfortable for the past 6 months, but now I've been hit by a cold the likes of which I've never known.

My sinuses and my chest are so congested I can't swallow to get much down, I have no appetite, I've been sleeping up to 15 hours a day. Poor DH is getting no sleep because he spends the whole night listening to me gasping for air.

I've been living off of Gatorade. I can't get solids down, although I've been trying to have a cracker or an orange here and there. I'm getting really worried about how this lifestyle is affecting the baby :cry: I know we're supposed to be right on top of making sure we get the right nutrients, and how important it is to get regular exercise, but I'm not managing anything right now!

Any advice? Things I should be trying to get down?

Your baby is very good about getting what it needs from you. I've had a similar cold for the past 2 weeks. I haven't been eating much and I actually lost 2 lbs. I have been making sure to take my prenatal vitamin every day and my boy has been active, so I can only assume he's doing just fine. I used vaporub at night to help me breath better and get a better nights sleep. I did manage to cough so much that I bruised a rib, which I highly recommend you try and avoid doing.

Thanks Seity! Hope you're feeling better! Bruised ribs don't sound terribly comfortable... My LO startles easily, so unfortunately when I cough, he jumps. Usually on my bladder. Has led to several uncomfortable situations...

I bet your babe is just fine :) I always worry too, but the baby takes all the good stuff! Feel better soon!!

Im the same, its awfull, Im sure baby is ok, got my 20 wk scan on thursday and heard the heart beat with midwifes doppler and thursday and hes fine so :D dont worry to much hun xx

The baby will take what he/she needs from you so try not to worry. Take your prenatal vitamins and I would recommend drinking hot Ribena as it has vitamin C in it. I lived of it and soup for a week when I had flu. Hope you feel better soon.

hi hon sorry you're feeling sick :( I noticed that whenever cold starts I just mix honey and chopped lemon asap and eat it. Next day it's all fine and plus it's good for the bubs :) Plus drink tons of orange juice and try to have some chicken soup. Hope it helps.

Don't worry about your LO, like other girls said, he will get everything he needs from you regardless whether or not you're eating right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->