Sick- Anyone else experience this?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by HappyinLove, Jan 31, 2011.

1. HappyinLove

HappyinLove Well-Known Member

I am 12 weeks, close to 13. Saturday night I started getting a head ache and running a low fever (99). Sunday I was feeling awful, almost like the flu. Chills all over. Low fever still 99. Sore throat like no other, not able to eat much. Just feeling sick. I called the dr. because I was worried that I might be taking too much medicine. The only thing they are letting me take is tylenol products. I kept taking tylenol extra strength to make my head and body stop aching and to keep the fever down. She said it was okay to keep taking it, just follow the recommendations on the bottle so that I wouldn't consume too much. All night last night I was freezing with three blankets on and chilling and didn't sleep very good. This morning I haven't been feeling achey but I just puked up everything in my stomache. What in the world is going on? Anyone else experience this? I have had the flu shot.

2. Anderson8

Anderson8 Well-Known Member

i havent had what youre experiencing. but it sounds like the flu.
    BTW just because youve had the flu shot, doesnt mean you cant get the flu

3. HappyinLove

HappyinLove Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know I can still get the flu even with the shot. It's frustrating because this is the first time I've ever gotten the flu shot thanks to being pregnant the dr wants every pregnant woman to get it. Should I do anything if this IS the flu?

4. jennie123

jennie123 Well-Known Member

ive been like this, it started yesterday afternoon, i kept waking up feeling sick, but when i got up this morn i was sick :( ... im now feeling weak n tired and cannot get warm, i too have had the flu jab..i hope we wake up better tomoz xxx

5. Anderson8

Anderson8 Well-Known Member

i would call your doctor or midwife to see what they recommend

6. Jessicax5

Jessicax5 3DD+1DS <3

It definitely does sound like the flu. Just try to stay hydrated and keep your temp down. Tylenol is the only thing I would take as well.
    Like a PP said, even though you had the flu shot you can still get it. I've been getting the shot since 2005 bc back then I came down with the flu and I felt like c**p. I never wanted to feel like this again. I think it takes about 4 weeks for your body to build up the antibodies and sometimes you won't develop them at all. No immunization is 100%.

7. Squeaks

Squeaks Mum of 1, 1 in the oven

Oh dear, hope you are OK! This could also be some kind of Urinary tract infection, so always worth going to the docs just to make sure it is the flu, :hugs: if you have pain low in your abdomen especially, round your bladder or kidneys.

Hope you get well soon. :kiss::hugs: