sick leave - advise please

A_Natasha

3rd trimester baby #1 !
Reaction score
Hello, I have been on sick leave for 2 weeks now doctor signed me of due to high blood pressure..my job can be stressful sometimes but its not manual..my mat leave isnt due to start till 1st June...do you think its wise not to go back to work now? dont really know what to do..??

Not sure how it works across the pond, but here in Canada, we can take 15 weeks of paid medical leave before our Mat leave starts. Maybe try looking into that??
Good luck :)

From your 34th week your boss can inforce maternity leave if u have been off ill with pregnancy related illness .......Only go back if your ready dont feel u have to I am sure the doctor will keep u signed off as long as u need :hugs:

Only you know how you jobs effects you, i went on sick leave then stright on mat leave at 29 weeks... but job involved alot of manual stuff. I was lucky to get full pay.

If you feel that it would be wrong for you to go back, dont.!
But... i wish i could have had the distraction of work at since ive been off my pregnancy has dragged.

From your 34th week your boss can inforce maternity leave if u have been off ill with pregnancy related illness .......Only go back if your ready dont feel u have to I am sure the doctor will keep u signed off as long as u need :hugs:

Was going to say the same but think its 36 weeks now? Or so i seem to remember acas saying when i rang anyway, but they change these things all the time dont they!

Was going to say the same but think its 36 weeks now? Or so i seem to remember acas saying when i rang anyway, but they change these things all the time dont they!

Not sure 34 or 36 lol preggers brain x

i had sick leave from about 26 weeks and started my mat leave at 31 weeks, ive been paid my normal rate.
i couldnt have worked with the ligament pains i was getting and the long shifts i was expected to do

with high bp, take it from me (i was induced at 35weeks due to severe pre eclempsia) its not worth it, dont risk any problems, i was really poorl, your employer can start you on maternity leave from 36 weeks if thts ok then id stay off

h x

Probably best to speak to your doctor to see what she/he advises. If she/he thinks your bp will be worse by being at work then take advice and stay off.

PS If you are absent due to a pregnancy related illness at any time from 36 weeks, your mat leave starts automatically. It's not 34 weeks as someone said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->