• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sick of frers!

Holly82

Mummy to 10
Reaction score
Is anyone else having this same issue with frers? Every time I use one I can 'just' make out a barely visible line. It's always the flipping indent line and it comes up straight away. You can't help but be drawn to it. I end up breaking the casing to have a proper look, to see if it's pink and even then I'm not sure.

I'm going back on to clear blue + as this is driving me insane. At least the clear blue gives me a clear result.

This is my last frer...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 91
Yes! I hate these new ones! I had a super bad indent on the first one I ever tried and the window always gets urine in it somehow (even when I dip it).

I had the same problem with them , I continued to use them because I did get early BFPs with them and I ended up with another early positive this time too!
But I know EXACTLY what you mean, you watch the dye move across and it sticks to the test strip line and then you can see this sight indent line afterwards ! It always got my hopes up and then I would obsessively re-check the test a billion times !

Yup! Never spotted It before this cycle. Just after the urine has ran across the window the test line is seriously clear for a minute or two. If you watch if gradually get less and less clear til the 5 min mark when there's nothing to see. Very frustrating.
I generally love these tests though so I've decided to keep using them but turn not look at them til the 5 min mark next time

Exactly! Then you're like I'm so sure there was a line !
It's torturous !
But not looking at until the 5 minute mark is a good idea , and even if you do get a faint line it will give it a chance to darken up :)

Are you referring to the new curved ones or the regular ones? I've definitely gotten an indent line with the curved ones. I hope the old style ones arent doing this as well now! :(

Old style ones for me which is a real shame. I always thought they were infallible. That's twice this cycle I saw a clear line forming and thought 'yay' continued to look and it disappeared. So gutted

Old style for me too exactly the same problem great lune as the dye is moving down the test which then goes aghh

wow, good to know! I will have to not look at it right away when i use those this cycle.

the new ones are curved and you can see the indent line pretty clearly.

Curved where can u post a pic
I got bfp and am worried now its from a dodgy test

i dont have any with me right now but here is a link to them... https://www.amazon.com/First-Response-Result-Pregnancy-Packaging/product-reviews/B000052XHI

Thank you. Would i be right in saying the window is tiny on the new ones?

Thank god mine were the old reliables

i think the window is the same size but it's not flat, there is more of a glare because of it so it's sort of hard to view. the old ones are just so much better. you can still buy both i believe. thank goodness.

I hate the new curved FRERs! I got a few NASTY evap lines on them, the curved window is just awful.

Do you think this vvvfaint line is an indent or evap? Photo was taken around 3-4mins. I have very little experience with frer. Thanx :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    8.8 KB · Views: 4
I can see something - I have been playing around tweaking and I can for sure see something. I did frer this morning and it's stark white So I can see the difference!

Yeah it's a thin pink line. Irl you can see the line a lot clearer than you can in the pictures. Still vvvfaint though, and it came up within 2mins. After reading this post thought I started to wonder if what I'm seeing is really an indent or an evap. I'm pretty hopeless when it comes to frer lol X

Maybe a slightly better pic...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member