Sick of my downstairs neighbour

kmbabycrazy

Reaction score
He plays music all the time which doesn't bother me as I can't hear his music but he has his bass SO loud!! It gives me headaches and vibrates my whole house shake. I am playing music right now trying to do a uni assignment and all I can hear is DUM DUM DUM DUM!! We've tried to speak to him about a few times and he turns it down but by the time he turns it on the next time it's back up. I have a major headache now because of it and can't concentrate. He sometimes has it so high that it wakes Lily who is on yet another floor above.

Going to ring the estate agents tomorrow to ask them to speak to him and also write him a letter saying that if he doesn't keep it down we're going to get environmental health in to put the noise detecting equipment in. I've already emailed environmental health to advise them that I may need to make an official complaint if the complaint with the landlord doesn't work and he keeps it up.

Just another thing I hate about where I live. I can sort of live with the drug deals and police at the houses across the road every bloody weekend until we can afford to move as as long as I don't look I can pretend it's not happening. But I can't ignore this!

You're doing all the right things hun, hopefully a notice from the landlord will be enough to make him stop xx

:-( sounds awful. I'd go to the council and get them to sort it anyway, seeing as he turns it up again next time he plays it. He is aware he is causing a problem.

Hugs... Sounds terrible, hope it gets sorted soon.

My heart goes out to you! We had the same problem 3 years ago, we live in a purpose built new build block and normally it's pretty soundproof but these people had some crazy bass speakers that pretty much bypassed that. The annoying thing was that none of our neighbours found it a problem, only we complained maybe they felt intimidated I just don't know. We complained and found that all the flats below us had been given to a smaller housing association completely unrelated to ours, to manage, and they seemed to have had no proper noise or anti social behaviour policy and when the woman renting the flat told them we must be mistaken as only she lives there (lies, she was subletting to at least 4 people) they just believed her. Thankfully though them asking her about it scared her enough to put a stop to it but if it hadn't I'm not sure what we would have done. I also lived in a converted house flat once and the girl living downstairs her boyfriend was a famous reggae DJ and 'artiste' and they used to have loud parties with him DJing. When I moved down to London I saw a poster for one of his stupid albums and it brought it all flooding back xx

Environmental health are sending him a letter so hopefully he will keep it down

I had really noisy neighbours, not music but they let their kids kick footballs against their garage door day and night (it's connected to my house too so it was v loud, all the windows would shake), and generally shouting all hours and being arseholes. Contacted environmental health and it must have scared them off because a few weeks later a "To Let" sign went up! They moved out a few months ago it's been lovely since :happydance: *touch wood*

Good luck home he quietens down :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->