• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sick while pregnant

T

turbo_mom

Well today is day one of staying at home due to getting ill. It's mostly a head cold and my throats very sore. (I had strep throat too when I got pregnant) so should I call my doctor because i'm getting sick? Or should I just fight it out on my own? :cry:
Also i've been on the couch sleeping most of the afternoon can the baby sense my illness and be more still than usual because of it? It just felt like she wasn't as active as usual.

hi ive recently been ill with chest infection doctor ave me antibiotics to fight it off
it depends if its a virus or not that u have if its a virus then you have to fight it yourself as antibiotics wont work but you need to go to docs to see what kind it is first

Owww im suffering too and had a lazy day, was eyeing up all the cold tablets in tescos earlier - so strange how u take them for granted before ur preg or is that just me lol

xx

I feel y'all. My throat is all swollen and sore and my nose and head are getting really stuffy. I miss medicine!

I woke up yesterday with a sore throat and a cold sore. Last night I was up about every hour throwing up. I don't think the throwing up is from morning sickness (I haven't thrown up until this point and it was all but gone for the last week). I think I'm going to call my doctor when they open. I'm sure there is nothing he can do, but just to let him know. I'm down to just dry heaving and bile cause there's nothing left. :sick:

Hi TurboMom, sorry to hear you are not feeling well hun. I'm not sure if your baby can sense that you are not feeling well but he/she prob senses a change in your routine for sure. But don't look at getting sick as a bad thing. It's actually really good to get a mild flu or cold during pregnancy because it helps baby build a better immune system (so they say).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->