sick with cold during tww anyone?

Autumnflower

Reaction score
I've had a sinus/head cold since 5dpo... Started with a sore throat but now is a full blown cold. I'm not sure if I even ovulated because my temps were all over the place (my first month temping). I feel normal other than being really sick. If af shows during this cold I will officially be the grumpiest person around. I am currently 8dpo. Anyone else sick during their tww, and did it turn into bfp or bfn?

I always feel sick with a cold around the time I ovulate, but it usually goes away. I've never been pregnant... not yet anyways!

Colds / illness are common TWW symptoms because pregnancy can lower your immune system.

Good luck! I hope you feel better!

Thanks Mrs and Mrs! I know its silly to think it could be a pregnancy sign. Google has been getting my hopes up this month. Lol

Um.. Hello Mrs. Autum... I'm sorry ur siick with a cold.. But from what I hear cuz I read a lot .. In different forums when searching for an answer . some women say that when they are in their two week wait and have received bfp is one of the symptoms of pregnancy.. Soooo Good Luck fingers crossed for u.. U have 2 signs grumpy and a cold..:)
Oh I'm MarLin by the way.. I have been ttc 10 months already.. I have 2 teens boy n girl but got re married n we want to add on to our family.. I had a tubal reversal and u know I don't remember it being this hard when I got pregnant from my first 2 .. I have had a cp in April.. may my cycle was just screwed up I got a pos. Then neg then pos then neg so I ended up going to the doctors and did blood and sono I left crying feeling a sense of disappointment and damaged.. So neways AF showed her ugly face on the 4 th of this month.. And I ovulated the 17th - 23 so I'm 2 dpo and I'm feeling weird .. 23 rd I had like these on and off cramps like when I was walking.. down there ya know and then went on & off almost all day. Then I went to the potty when I wiped there was a spot of blood.. Then the 24 th I spotted all day but not enough for a light day just when I wiped the color leave red pink..( sorry TMI) today 25 I'm feeling irritated and still spotting but only when I wipe.. So I'm confused Cuz AF wasn't supposed to come over until the 6 of July I'm two weeks early.. Ughh n I hope for the best but idk I don't want to be disappointed..

But I think u may get a bfp let me know when u test what happens I have even read at 9 dpo women have gotten early results bfp. So baby dust to u.. I hope u get a bfp..

Me me me! I'm not sure how the heck I caught this cold. It started the evening of 4dpo and has gotten worse since. Who the heck gets a cold in the middle of summer anyways? Ugh.

Hoping our sickness turns into a bfp soon!

Thanks Marlin26! I'll update if af shows or not!

Babeawait, I am glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. I've heard mixed things about being sick in the tww, most say that's post o your immune system is down to give your body a fighting chance for implantation, so you are more likely to get sick during this time. All I know is if af shows I'll be soooo disappointed because the last thing I need after being sick is having my period! Lol
Baby dust to you all! :)

Agreed!

If I'm going to be sick it better be because I have a little bean!

Lol I'm already getting bitter about af and she hasn't even arrived yet! So what dpo are you now? Have you had any prmisig symptoms yet?
I had some twinges and very mild af type cramps last night and this morning I have a fuller feeling in my uterus. Considering af is due in 3 days I'm a little worried she will show up. Hopefully not!

one of my mates told me recently that flu like symptoms can be noticed at the start of pregnancy too so if youre feeling fluey it could be preggo symptoms too!

I am 8dpo today Autumn. Nothing too promising. I'm on progesterone in my lp though so I try not to symptom spot because it always gives me pregnancy like symptoms. This is my first time getting a cold though! Your symptoms sound promising! I have FX for you! :)

Yes Kasey I've heard it is a common symptom. I've heard it can be from hormones or a lowered immune system. Some ladies even get pregnancy rhinitis which sometimes lasts until delivery! How horrible does that sound?!!

Kasey I sure hope its a symptom! What dpo are you? Will you be testing soon?

Babe when are you planning to test?

I was planning on waiting until missed af which would be Monday but now I'm itching to test early. I know I'll be disappointed with a bfn though so I'm trying to hold off!

Oh and I've heard great things about progesterone for lengthing lp so I hope its working for you!

I plan on testing Thursday if AF is late. That'll be 14dpo for me. Your test date is just around the corner hang in there!

Yes the progesterone has improved my luteal phase defect. I had only 6-8 day luteal phases before. I actually suffered a cp and my dr and I believe it was due to low progesterone. So I'm very happy to be on it!

I just took a very long nap thanks to benadryl lol.

I'm sorry to hear about your cp :( but im so glad the progesterone's working so well for you! Thursday is just a week away but I know how the days in the tww can drag. Lol I hope you get your bfp this month!

Yes! On 7 DPO and started getting flu like symptoms on 4 DPO. Runny Nose, Post Nasal drip and had a fever for 2 days. Finally back at regular temperature. Summer colds and flus are the WORST. I feel for you.

Have you tested yet?

Maven I haven't tested yet. I'm hoping to hold off until the 29th, af is supposed to show that day so if she doesn't show by then I'll test. So far my bbt has stayed high so fx! I'm desperately trying to avoid poas before then, I don't want to be disappointed with a bfn, I'd rather af show up honestly. When do you plan to test?

Well a little update on myself. 9dpo and the "cold" is almost completely gone. I did take benadryl on 8dpo because I was absolutely miserable so I'm not sure if it could be part of the reason. Other symptoms like tiredness and super heavy feeling bbs have kicked in full effect. But like I mentioned before that could be due to the progesterone I'm on.

Autumn How are you feeling? Only a couple more days until you test :)

How is everyone else feeling? Still sick?

I guess technically I'm 14 days past ovulation but I got positive OPKs on the 12th, 13th, & 14th. However I tested two days ago to a faint positive line and then again yesterday to a positive digital test so I'm preggo I guess. Had a MC back on April 29th though so not getting too excited as it was about the 3-4 week mark that we lost it so I'm being cautiously positive as I'm heading into the same time frame that we lost the last one.

Wishing you all the best lovely :)

Kasey I sure hope its a symptom! What dpo are you? Will you be testing soon?

Babe when are you planning to test?

I was planning on waiting until missed af which would be Monday but now I'm itching to test early. I know I'll be disappointed with a bfn though so I'm trying to hold off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->