Sicking up all day feeds?

Pearls18

Reaction score
Yesterday was very stressful with trying to get DS2 to feed, he would stress at the breast, feed maybe 5 mins and then sick up afterwards. Through the night he woke his normal amount and apart from one fussy feed he fed as normal and only sicked up a small normal for him amount. Well first feed this morning and after 5 mins I was winding him and he must have sicked up the entire feed. He doesn't seem upset, but he is being hard work but I wouldnt describe him as hungry he doesn't ferociously root I am the one trying to get him to feed, he actually pooed a lot more than normal yesterday and I was surprised it was mostly yellow given the fact he must be getting lots of watery milk with the length of feeds. He does regularly sick up but no where to this extent, and he's normally only fussy on the breast in the evenings. Any advice? :(

Have you thought he might have reflux?
You could wind often throughout the feed and keep upright for 20 mins after. Maybe he doesn't need that extra bit if you're constantly offering you could wait til you get hunger cues instead?
Xx

yup. what she said. definitely keep him upright for a bit after feeds. that helped my little guy.

also, if you think he is getting too much foremilk maybe try feeding on the same breast for 2 feedings in a row and express a little on the other side if you need to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->