Sicking up all the time :(

Pearls18

Reaction score
I'm so fed up of everything being covered in sicked up milk, the smell is everywhere. He's always been sicky but it's getting worse, he sicks up during feeds, straight after feeds, even an hour or 2 after. The whole "keep them upright" doesn't really count for us as he has usually sicked up during winding. I got him weighed last weds and his weight was great, but tbh it's gotten worse since then (I'm going to get him weighed next week). He was being very fussy and only feeding 5 mins and grunting in the night so we introduced infacol, it seems to have helped with some of the fussiness, he's a bit more content after feeds, but the sicking up is even worse. Any suggestions? Is this reflux? What do they do for reflux, if weight is ok do they ignore it?

It sounds a lot like what DD2 is like only she had weight issues with her reflux. They may prescribe medication but with my DD they would only do it if there was a weight issue or the baby was really bothered by it.

I feel your pain. I'm constantly covered in baby's vomit. It's guaranteed that if I a) change my shirt, b) change his shirt, c) put him in his carseat, or d) hold him close to my face or cleavage, he will puke!

My son is gaining weight and not unreasonably fussy (except with his infrequent poops but doc says they're unrelated), so nothing was suggested by my doctor. My ds1 did the same thing, and he just grew out of it around 5 or 6 months.

Something that helps occasionally is letting him lay in the same position once he's done feeding, and after a few minutes sitting upright. Almost immediately a huge burp will come out, not always followed by puke.

Thank you for the advice I will try the not moving him thing.

My HV has said to see my GP about it so I will see what he says, sometimes DS2 gets very upset, other times he's fine, so not sure if they'll do anything. Do you find they are less settled between feeds compared to other babies or is it just straight after feeds that the reflux affects them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->