Sickness bug worried!

claireanddaz

Reaction score
I'm a bit worried today, i dont know if i had food poisioning or caught a bug but i was up all last night being sick and having diarrhoea, i havent been sick since 6:30 this morning but i can barely eat i'm having bites of banana to keep me going and trying to drink as much as i can, I just hope whatever i had hasnt harmed the baby at all as i got on google and some types of food bacteria can cause harm!

I was hospitalized for food poisoning at 6 weeks pregnant with #2...and she's a (mostly) happy 11 month old today. Hope you feel better, but I wouldn't worry yourself too much. Get some electrolytes in you as soon as you feel up for it!

The biggest danger with any illness, foodborne or otherwise, is dehydration. If you can, get someone to get you an electrolyte drink. Take it very easy, and keep the liquids flowing! Peppermint is wonderful for an ailing tummy, as well. I got sick with my second-born, not sure if it was foodborne or just a tummy bug either, but I was very newly pregnant and so worried. I followed my own advice. He is fine!

I had a sickness bug (24 hour thing) at about 5 weeks! I was so worried but read up on it and I don't think it harms baby just try and drink water xx

Did you have a fever? Because if not..... and maybe this is just me, as I haven't had morning sickness yet so maybe I'm not the best judge... but couldn't this be morning sickness?

I know diarrhea in early pregnancy is pretty common too.

But anyway... either way, I'm sure you're fine. As others mentioned, stay hydrated. and I would add, watch for a fever, you can take Tylenol if you need to (I think you want to definitely take it if your fever seems like it might go over 101)

But try not to stress too much (uhhh... yeah, as if that's even POSSIBLE in early pregnancy!!!!!) Our immune systems get TOTALLY shot, so catching a bug early on isn't uncommon at all.

Good luck . I hope you feel better soon

No fever just sickness and diahorrea really bad for about 6 hours i think i caught a bug from somewhere it's gone now and i'm just baack to having the usual nausea all day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->