Sickness feels like something in throat?

Khadijah-x

Reaction score
Hi all :)

My sickness can come in stomach waves but majority of the time it comes from heaving. It feels like there is something pressing on the back of my throat which makes me gag and throw up. Anyone else's sickness like that?

Mine's like that. Been horrible with it today.

Hope it settles for you soon!x

Mine's like that. Been horrible with it today.

Hope it settles for you soon!x

Interesting! I always thought pregnancy sickness would feel like a bug, waves of sickness etc. But mines just like something makes me gag and then it's all over :haha: blah....

I have that it feels like pressure or something and then i gag/cough or dry heave. I only vomit once from it but it sucks. I ve only had it the past 2 weeks out of the 7 weeks I've had morning sickness. I know it's rough I hope it let's down and goes away for you soon. I find after I get through the spell I get in the am if I eat and move around it gets better, I tend to eat/munch every 2 hrs and it seems to help. I'm going to ask my OB about it at my appt. Next week. Take it easy!

Yeah I have that too and it's awful. I'm constantly trying to cough up phelgm and making myself gag and vomit. Apparently the feeling in your throat can be caused by the heartburn though. Maybe try taking some gavescon or tums? Nothing seems to work for me:(

^
Sweetpea, that's a really good point about heartburn. I used to be on medication for stomach acid after a gallbladder op and came off it when I was pregnant. Never even thought about it, doh!

That's interesting about the heartburn. I do get heartburn aswell in pregnancy which I've never had before in my life!

It doesn't burn or anything or hurt, just like if you pressed your hand on your throat. Blah! I'm crazy though.. im fine with sickness as I had 2 losses so the sickness keeps me feeling more positive about this pregnancy!

But it can leave at 12 weeks... nicely..

yes i had that but at 4 weeks, my morning sickness was just waves of nausea that got intense until i ate something, then they would get mild or disappear(and got horribley worse at nighttime). by 9 and 10 weeks is when the gagging sensation started and that lasted along with my nausea until 12 and a half weeks when it all went away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->