Sickness resuming at 33w?

loeylo

1DD, 1 pup, WTT#2
Reaction score
... Anyone else? I'm a bit worried tbh! I keep feeling lightheaded and sick and im exhausted. I returned to work after summer (I'm a teacher) an I'm having to be up at 5:30am, I'm not sleeping well at night and I can't eat a full meal without feeling sick. My heartburn is horrific and baby had dropped really low so my hips ache (I'm also commuting 1hr30 each way to/from work) plus I need to pee 24/7.

Is this normal or something worth checking out? I feel like I am never away from the hospital, I have had three episodes of reduced movement plus I have been investigated for a fast pulse (not sure if this is related!)

I also have seen an increasing number of specks in my vision. I'm not sure if I'm having heart palpitations or she is kicking my abdomen/diaphragm and causing the fluttery chest.

I don't want to go to hospital unless strictly necessary as the fast pulse has been put down to anxiety and I suffer from Heath anxiety so I for do well in hospital!

You must be feeling horrendous, when do you intend to start maternity? I did start to feel my nausea return a couple of weeks ago & when I asked my midwife last time I was seen she told me that first trimester symptoms can all return! I have the same as you and sometimes I get irritated, seemingly for no reason. It seems to be normal for some, my food aversion has returned and all I want is sandwiches, very specific type too. Don't think your alone, but obviously if you have any health concerns don't hesitate to contact your midwife as you have done. Hope you feel better soon

Loeylo, I think my midwife asked about vision at my last appointment, can you give your midwife/assessment unit a call and see what they say? They may not need you to go in, but it will put your mind at rest. It's probably nothing, but if you feel anxious and feel better if you check it out, it's always best to give them a call.

My sickness has come back a couple of times and gone again, same with the heartburn. There doesn't seem to be much room for food now. Sleeping isn't great at the moment. Make sure you get some rest when you need it and don't push yourself too hard.

Thanks ladies. Glad to know I'm not the only one (although I'm sorry you both feel rubbish too!)

I plan on working until 38 weeks. My midwife and consultant did ask me about how late I planned to work, and told me to "see how it goes" - I have reduced my hours down to three days, so it is only 11 shifts! It isn't even food aversions, I just feel sick whenever I start eating anything.

I have mentioned the spots in my vision on the last two visits to hospital, they said as long as they don't get worse it is fine. It just looks like specks of dust if that makes sense? I do think I just need to rest!

Loeylo your story is exactly the same as mine, the commute, job, stage of pregnancy, even our wake up time how weird!! Only difference is I have a 2 year old and working 3 days at the moment. I thought I could work until 37 weeks but made the decision last week that I am stopping at 34 weeks. I felt ok before the holidays but I think my body relaxed over the holidays and I just cannot get into the swing of it again, the tiredness is overwhelming, I feel sick the days I work and pretty much have dinner with my son and partner when I get home, have a bath and then off to bed! I felt it was too much pressure so decided to stop. I hope you feel better soon but also maybe think about winding down, do you have a sympathic head that would understand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->