Sickness

Isismoon

3 kids, 20,17 &2!!
Reaction score
So yesterday the MS finally hit me and boy am I having trouble dealing with it.
I have a son who is 2 next week and he has the worst dirty nappies at the best of times and now I can't even be in the same room when he does one let alone change it :( It's all very well when my husband or daughter is here to do it for me, but what on earth am i going to do when they are work and college?
Sucking polo mints is the only thing I can do to stop me actually being sick
Anyone have any tips on not throwing up on my son when I change him??!! :help:

Try and cover your face and think of something different try and block the disgusting thoughts out. Morning sickness is physical yes but also mental so if you look at something and get grossed out thoughts it will make you vom. I had it the other day with dirty dishes lol. I just looked away and tried to think of anything else to get that build up to vomiting thought out of my head. It worked.

Morning sickness has to be the worst part of pregnancy. I had HG (the severe form of morning sickness) with three of my last four pregnancies and it was absolute hell. I'm still pretty early this time so it has yet to be determined if I will get it again.

Changing diapers was horrible. I had to cover my nose the entire time because one whiff would send me running for the bathroom. Covering my face was about all I could do to make it tolerable, and maybe chew some gum with a strong scent while I was doing it.

Also make sure you eat throughout the day. I know it probably feels like that is the last thing you want to do but if you eat slow, and just snack rather than eat large meals, it honestly helps. I keep some grapes handy or crackers... eat whatever appeals to you. Don't worry about counting calories right now. You can make up for it in the second and third trimesters. Just keep grazing on whatever you can stomach. I found drinking a protein shake or fruit smoothie with grated ginger in it as soon as I woke up often helped a lot to get me through my morning.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->