Side effects of going off the pill

Andi86

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Anyone else who has been on the pill or another hormonal contraceptive have weird side effects when they quit taking it? I was on the pill for 11 years and have been off for 5 months now. My skin has been terrible ever since! I didn't even have this much acne when I was a teenager. Anyone else experience this? Do you think my skin will clear up eventually? Any other side effects people have experienced?

My skin has always been pretty good but after coming off bcp my 2nd month I thought I was preggers but it was just my body reacting to the normal hormones my body secretes! I had a page if symptoms 3 bfn and was so convinced I went for bloodwork also neg. it really messes with everything!

I'm having a similar experience with acne! Might have had the odd spot or two when stressed on the pill but now I seem to have them all the time! >.< I'm hoping it will clear up soon once we get used to our own hormones x

I have been fighting acne since going off, two months ago. On my back where I never had a problem before.

The pill helps your skin so it was prob always like that but the pill masked it

I've had some break outs lately due to stress, I take a lemon and squeeze the juice onto cotton balls and rub it around on the acne, it seems to help them dry and clear up quick!

When I first went off the pill I was nauseous a lot for a few weeks and was very emotional, but my sex drive went through the roof and I still have a lot higher sex drive than when I was on the pill so I'm glad to be off :)

Hi! I just tried using pills for around 6 months because my husband and I decided to stop trying to conceive again after my miscarriage. As of now, it's already been 3 months since I stopped taking pills and my cycle went on wack! On the first month without the pill, my period came twice and on the second month I had inter menstrual bleeding and on this third month my period came a week late.

Ugh ya, it really throws you for a loop. That's why I didn't want to go back on them at all. It's nice to be a little more lax and at least know that it's your body controlling things not some random chemicals / hormones

Ugh ya, it really throws you for a loop. That's why I didn't want to go back on them at all. It's nice to be a little more lax and at least know that it's your body controlling things not some random chemicals / hormones

I don't think I will want to go back on the pill ever again either. I was always told that the pill will help make your period lighter and shorter. Not in my case at all! My periods were way heavier with huge blood clots (sorry if TMI) and it was very painful. I was always scared to go off the pill cause I thought wow I don't want a period worse then this. I went off the pill and I have like no cramps, I can use regular tampons or even just a liner the last few days. Now that I know how much better my periods are off the pill I wish I didn't put myself through 11 years of terrible cramps and changing my tampon every hour.:dohh:

After cerazette mini pill I had sore boobs, back ache, headache, spots, nausea, funny taste in mouth, food aversion and a few more. It made me convinced I was pg even though I was getting bfn every time I tested

taking the pill for me was a nightmare from the start, sickness and bad tummy, constant headache. Coming off the pill i went dizzy and tired and my period was a week late then the next one was heavy and painfull.

I know for a fact that i will never go on the pill again

I was on the pill for about 11 years. I had the occasional pimple as a teenager but now being off the pill my skin is horrible and my cycles are irregular. But on a good note, my sex drive is back! It's funny that I didn't even realize how decreased it was. I just thought we were kinda boring because we had been together for so long. Lol.

I was one the pill for about 5 years. While on it, i struggled with being tired, forgetful, very moody, and no sex drive. I stopped taking the pill towards the end of Sept 2011. Conceived my son around Oct. 1st. Never had my period after getting off the pill. Found out the pill was the likely cause of my b12 issue. Since being off the pill, i no longer have to get shots of b12(which a lack of can cause forgetfulness) and my sex drive is back. Never had acne before a period on a pill though. Now i tend to get a few pimples when stressed or close to AF.

yeah they don't tell you the side effects when you go on the pill they should do lol

The only things that I noticed going off of the pill were that I lost 10 pounds in the first month off of it, my libido went through the roof, I started sleeping better, and my mind felt clearer (better ability to concentrate).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->