Signs of Ovulation

kafs78

Reaction score
Ladies

I dont mean to be crude.. but what are the actual signs of ovulation?
I have read slightly differing versions on the net....

My pants have a cloudy discharge on them, and can look slight stringy at times.. Is this me ovulating?
i read it was to be like "raw egg whites"...

Again, apologies ..

As I understand it, signs that you're getting ready to ovulate are:

- EWCM ("egg white" cervical mucus) - TMI, but if you can stretch it and it's kind of stringy then that's what you have

- a dip in your basal body temperature (if you're charting) (doesn't happen for everyone)

- "ferning" (if you use a saliva microscope)

- positive OPK (ovulation predictor test)

- tender breasts

- increased libido

Signs that you are/have ovulated:

- ovulation pain

- spotting

- a jump in your basal body temperature (if you're charting)

- shortly after you ovulate, CM dries up

- a BFP on a pregnancy test! (but I'm betting you want to know before then...)

There's also something about cervical positioning and opening, but I don't track that, so someone with a better clue will have to fill you in there.

Thanks Ten

So what is the cloudy stuff? Just normal discharge?

My cervical mucus generally goes from sticky straight after AF (Some people have a few dry days and then sticky or even no sticky at all) then to a cloudy looking discharge. Before I ovulate it changes gradually from cloudy to raw egg white looking.

During fertile days, it starts off cloudy with tinges of egg white cervical mucus (ewcm) and goes to ewcm with streaks of cloudyness. I have noticed that if I check my underwear for CM, it all just looks cloudy so it is easier to notice a difference when I wipe or checking my cervix.

Before checking my cervix, I had no idea it was even possible to feel for it and was surprised when I found it! After AF, it is low, firm and closed. It moves gradually up and around ovulation can be high, soft and open. A few days after ovulation, it tends to firm up and then get lower in the vagina.

When I was pregnant, it didn't get lower at all, just firmer and closed and it still hasn't gotten lower since then (3 weeks post miscarriage).

Temperature wise, I was suprised to learn that my cervical mucus doesn't dry up as soon as my temperature rises. I know a lot of women's do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->