SIL has had a little boy!

S

Shifter

My sister in law has just given birth to a little boy, 7lbs 13ozs. It's her second child, both boys. The birth didn't go exactly according to plan, as she had intended to give birth in hospital but ended up doing so at home!

Her labour was quite on and off, the contractions growing closer then further apart for a couple of days. Her mum is a midwife and only lives two doors down, so she was around for support and on Friday night when the contractions eased off again she told her to go to bed and get some rest.

At midnight she woke up with severe contractions and called her mum and her own midwife. She was in no state to go to hospital so the little one was delivered at home and came to the world at 2.20am. :happydance:

They don't have a name for him yet, I'm just hoping they don't drift towards the boys name we have picked out!

It's left me and hubby quite excited and dreamy about our LO and has got me thinking a lot about my birth plan!

Honestly though, what with her having two boys, my cousin having two boys and our best friends having a boy, it's about time for a girl in our lives!!!

Wowee:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Glad they're both ok:hugs:

Congratulations to you all! xxx

Wow! Congrats! I OH read about someone giving birth at home in the bathroom and bought a cordless phone the next day, so he could receive instructions over the phone in such an event! Lol.

Do they live near? Are you going to go and practice on the baby :D?

Wow! Congrats! I OH read about someone giving birth at home in the bathroom and bought a cordless phone the next day, so he could receive instructions over the phone in such an event! Lol.

Apparently quite a few babies are nearly born down the loo!

Do they live near? Are you going to go and practice on the baby :D?

No, they're in Essex, where hubby is from. Hubby is going to visit this weekend, but as it's my exam next Monday I'm going to have to wait a bit longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->