• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SIL is at it again.

mysteriouseye

Pregnant with No.3
Reaction score
My Sister in Laws have proved to be nothing but absolute nuisances for this whole wedding. I love my fiancé and can’t wait to marry him but sometimes I wonder how I am going to put up with them for the rest of my life. Any time I do not agree with something with my in laws or don’t do something they want done they basically through a big strop and we end up getting in an argument. I absolutely hate my SIL who is 28 this year.. Never seen eye to eye with her she is bossy and if I don’t do things her way she gets in a strop.. We got in a big falling out because when choosing my bridesmaids I chose OH younger sister and my sisters and my friends TBH I thought SIL Claire was too old to be a bridesmaid and also as she is so bossy and doesn’t like being told she is the last person I want being around me on my wedding day because I will be bossy and she won’t like it… We all had a massive falling out over this and in the end I had to have SIL as a bridesmaid because they pretty much bullied me until they got their own way. Now my younger Sister in law is being a Diva.. we got 2nd bridesmaid dresses and she is quite tall, the dress we got comes up a little short so we said we would add lace to this.. at first she was hesitant but then we never spoke about it again.. now it is months away from the wedding and she has said she doesn’t want to be the only one wearing lace around the dress at the bottom and my mother in law was saying that we should get the dress sorted out soon because sarah may not even like the lace around the dress and we would have to sort out another… ERMMMM I don’t think so love.. if sarah doesn't like the lace around the bottom of the dress she will just have to get over it and wear it!! What a B***H I want to actually slap her.

The joys of inlaws! Nightmares aren't they! You need to put the point across that if Sarah doesn't like what you do with the dress then she will have to buy herself another because you don't have the money to get another. Don't be bullied by them, time to start putting your foot down! Xx

Ask your fiancé to put a stop to this (creating unneccessary problems)

If he won't , then you have a bigger problem with boundary from his family and your future husband refusing to put his foot down.

I would just say if she doesn't like the dress she won't be a bridesmaid. It's your wedding and the what your bridesmaids wear is ultimately your decision. If it was that close I'd say like it or lump it. You either wear it or you're not a bridesmaid, simple as xx

Oh god I know exactly how you feel! SIL is such a diva! She has some sort of complex where she has to one up us at every turn! Most recent game is: we announced we were engaged and planning to get married October 2015. She, who has always said she doesn't really see the point in marriage announces 4 days later that she and OH are also getting married, but they are getting married October 2014! Not only that, as we made the mistake of discussing our plans with her and MIL she has now gone out and booked our church and our reception venue for her wedding!

I would want to tell her to get stuffed in your situation, It's your wedding, not theirs! But you also don't want to cause a family feud! In laws are a fricking nightmare!! :dohh:

I feel your pain! :) :hugs:

Oh god I know exactly how you feel! SIL is such a diva! She has some sort of complex where she has to one up us at every turn! Most recent game is: we announced we were engaged and planning to get married October 2015. She, who has always said she doesn't really see the point in marriage announces 4 days later that she and OH are also getting married, but they are getting married October 2014! Not only that, as we made the mistake of discussing our plans with her and MIL she has now gone out and booked our church and our reception venue for her wedding!

I would want to tell her to get stuffed in your situation, It's your wedding, not theirs! But you also don't want to cause a family feud! In laws are a fricking nightmare!! :dohh:

I feel your pain! :) :hugs:

Oh my god! Can't believe you SIL did that! What a bitch! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"