sil jelous about sex of my baby?

bounceyboo

bambino on the way!
Reaction score
so sil has 3 girls she really wants a boy and when I was pregnant with my son she kept saying are you sure its a boy it might be a girl etc, didn't ask about the baby, although she made him 2 blankets she never got excited about him, shes his godmother and only called to our house to see him 3 maybe 4 times since his been born we are always calling to hers so he can play with his cousins see his aunty etc, anyway a few months after my ds was born bil had a baby boy none of this was said to him. now again the same stuff has reared its head every time we see her which is about once a week, she makes comments are you sure its a boy, might be a girl id be asking them to check again knowing full well our hospital doesn't recheck the sex on request, I saw my baby's crown jewels hes a boy, my doctor checked twice already when she did the scan, and confirmed hes defiantly a boy, shes hardly talking to us never asks about our son r this baby, she said before she we found out we were pregnant that she was done at 3 but now we have a baby n the way she wants another, she did this when we were pregnant with our first, and then had her 3rd girl, she always calls her 'her boy' because shes such a tom boy,caused world war 4 when we got engaged, before our wedding she went to florida for 2 weeks so some focus would be off of us leading up to the wedding,the week im having the baby shes going to London with her friend and her daughter and her daughters friend as a bday present for her daughter whos birthday is this Monday,so why pick February and of all times the week im having the baby?am I reading into things or am I right in thinking she just cant leave us have the 'spot light' for once always thinking of ways to make herself stand out? I have to say I do get on with her and she is a loving aunt to my son when we are with her its just that she never makes the effort to come see us, she has a free bus pass, theres busses that come here we drive, so we could drop her home, my dh works in the city about 15 mins from where she lives she could always ask for a lift out but she never does, dh thinks shes just jelous we have boys, id love a girl next time around but I really don't care as long as baby is healthy, she made a comment before about something her dad said about real Italians make boys and she was disgusted it was a nasty comment to make knowing how much she wants a boy but hes an idiot anyway

Hi. :) sorry about ur situation. Do u ever communicate how she's making u feel or ask her how she's feeling? What is ur response when she keeps asking u if ur having a girl? I think it's super hard for her because she really wants a boy...especially if she calls her daughter a boy. Have u expressed that ur feelings are hurt that she's leaving the week of the baby being born and u really want her there? The same things will be happening if there is no communication amongst nothing u. I think u should have a sit down and let her cry n get our what she needs to, and u need to do the same so she can acknowledge how u feel as well. I hope things get better

So what is your question hun?
IS she jealous? Yeah does sound like she could be, but as long as you are still getting along with her which you say you are, what does it matter?
We all have things in life that we WANT but can't or don't have for one reason or another so if she has another baby and it's another girl she will just have to live with that.
I would suggest to her that she come visit you from time to time and that your DH would be more than happy to take her home after the visit. Maybe she just doesn't want to intrude?

So what is your question hun?
IS she jealous? Yeah does sound like she could be, but as long as you are still getting along with her which you say you are, what does it matter?
We all have things in life that we WANT but can't or don't have for one reason or another so if she has another baby and it's another girl she will just have to live with that.
I would suggest to her that she come visit you from time to time and that your DH would be more than happy to take her home after the visit. Maybe she just doesn't want to intrude?

we always ask or offer her a lift out r ask her to come for a playdate but she always says no, I go to a play group in the city and ask if her and her youngest whos the same age as my son want to join us and its always the same answer, we get on but shes not the type to see things from another persons point of view, and if I sit down with her t talk about it she will deny its bugging her, it didn't bother me the first time but it is now my dh hates going to her house its always me that has to make the effort, she says that our house is too far for her to go but its only 15 mins from her house in a car she has n problem going to her friends whs 45 mins away

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->