SIL pregnant while we are TTC

25TTC

Reaction score
My husband and I got married 4 months before has brother and our SIL. My husband and I are 5 years younger than they are so I keep telling myself that it makes sense they want to move faster, even though we have been together 7 years longer than they have. When we got engaged (almost 2 years before we got married), I started talking to my doctors about family planning. I have a medical history that at one point jeopardized my ability to have kids and worried about having to stop my medications. It took years to get myself to a point I could finally stop taking my meds and start trying to get pregnant. Back in January I was finally able to stop all of my meds (including birth control, which I was on for other reasons). It took me a few months for my cycles to become regular (during which time we low-key tried knowing it wasn't likely). Eventually we were able to get accurate information and have been really trying to get pregnant. Our families knew we have been trying and have seen our fertility supplements and tests around our place for awhile now so it is no secret we have been trying. A couple of months ago I got suspicious they may be trying but it was never something that they actually expressed.

Less than a week ago they texted us that we will be an aunt/uncle. While I am extremely excited for them I am also very jealous. I have been a part of the family for so much longer and all of a sudden I have to share/am being beaten to the big milestones I have always desired.

I worry I will feel even worse now every time it is a BFN. I worry about sharing the news if I do get pregnant. I worry about one of us having a miscarriage since they are so common and she is still very early and I have yet to receive a BFP.

I want to be genuinely happy to be an aunt (and I am) but I am also very jealous that I am not going to be a mother instead. Anyone else have a similar experience? Any advice for any of my concerns?

Ooof, sounds like a difficult situation, Im sorry that you have to go through it. I dont have any good advice but wanted to wish you good luck and baby dust.

Also, I pray that they are sensitive to your situation. I was in a sorta similar situation and my SIL was very sensitive to my emotions, so I was very blessed.

Thanks Jojo0802! I definitely need lots of luck and baby dust right now. I am not even sure how I would bring up the topic to my SIL. I am also feeling anxious because my MIL is going to visit soon and typically we have lots of open conversations but I feel like I need to be more reserved now.

I hear you, it is a delicate situation. I went through it by loudly blasting our situation, it has its pros (people were more aware and more sensitive) and cons (receiving some unintentional hurtful comments when things didn’t work out). I hope you and your family find a path that works for you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->