Silent reflux - need some advice please!!!

bev309

Reaction score
Having a really hard time with Jack at the moment, the only place he will sleep is in his bouncy chair - I put him in his cot & he wakes screaming, no matter how long I leave it, I have tried everything I can think of, holding him for 20-30 mins after he has fallen asleep in my arms so he is in a deep sleep, swaddled, wrapped in a blanket so transition to cot isn't so noticeable, warming the cot, lavender & raising the cots end, but to no avail. Now I am wondering whether there could be an underlying problem such as silent reflux. He has always been very fussy with his bottle, but lately it is getting worse, sometimes he will gulp a full bottle down in minutes, but more often than not he will drink 2-3oz then start to arch his back & struggle to get away. I wind him, but he will not take any more. He hiccups a lot, dribbles a HELL of a lot, which I put down to teething, but am now unsure, sucks his tongue, coughs now & then like a dry cough & recently I have noticed that he has been a little sick in his mouth, but it hasn't actually come out. The last few days after giving him gripe water religiously after every feed he has actually been sick a few times. I have looked this up on the net & these are some of the symptoms, so do I go to the doctor or speak to HV to try & get to the bottom of this? We had about 2 hrs sleep last night:hissy:

The symptoms sound like reflux. There would be no harm in going to HV, personally if you think it's reflux I would go to the doctor. I found my HV's next to useless when dealing with reflux.

yeah i agree wi nat go t ur docs cos h/v r not very good wi this sort of thing
my son as got kidney reflux so wen the h/v came t c him she was convinced it was the same as wat u av described so i always find docs better that h/v
hope u get to the bottom of the problem

ah i know what its like charlies got reflux and sometimes i have to move him from cot to bouncer in the night , charlie had same symptoms but was sick every 5 mins through the whole day, the dr gave him infant gaviscon it has helped alot hes prob only sick about 5 times a day now but ive found hes still in a bit of pain with it . You could try your dr see what they say xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->