Silly dog question

emyandpotato

Reaction score
I'm visiting my parents for a few days and their dog who is lovely but huge jumped up on me before and kicked my tummy right where I can feel the baby's head. It really hurt me and the dog is really strong and I'm worried the baby has been hurt, what do you think the possibility of that is? :wacko:

The baby is enclosed in a very protective environment - I think they'll be fine. Only worry if you feel pain.

It does hurt, nothing I'd be worried about if it wasn't for the baby but it hurts nonetheless =/

my terrier jumps on me all the time, and it hurts. baby has been fine so far, he is gona have to get used to it, lol, she likes to be sat on you! x

Maybe a call into your midwife or doctor for some reassurance....Just like they would want to know if you ever took a fall. Something to think about.

my terrier jumps on me all the time, and it hurts. baby has been fine so far, he is gona have to get used to it, lol, she likes to be sat on you! x

He's a boxer though =/ Thanks though, hope it's okay, might let my midwife know tomorrow especially if it still hurts.

Your baby is very well protected and surrounded by fluid so I'm sure he/she will be fine. My 17 month old toddler sometimes kicks me in the stomach when changing his nappy and also uses bump as a handy shelf to stand on and I don't worry too much as I seen bubs on Friday and he/she was fine.

If it will put your mind at rest though call your MW.x

my alsation punched me in the stomach with her paw the other day!

like sadie79 said, baby is snug and protected in there so try not to worry. easier said than done tho x

your baby is well protected :D

the worst- maybe your baby now has a headache ;)

My dog is a little bugger aswell he's always jumping on me but it never hurts for more than a few minutes if you do get prolonged pain then defanatly call your midwife for reassurance x

You should be fine. I got jumped on by my mastiff once and I keep getting headbutted by her (she weighs over 100lbs) and my baby is fine :D it does scare you but you have to remember that's part of what the fluid does - protect your baby x

How can you tell where your babies head is?? :shrug:

Every once and awhile I can feel a spot thats harder than the rest, but how can you tell its the babies head?

How can you tell where your babies head is?? :shrug:

Every once and awhile I can feel a spot thats harder than the rest, but how can you tell its the babies head?

Feels harder and he kicks from the opposite side =p I don't know for sure of course but I think it's where he's lying

i have an akita rotweiller cross and i reckon he has a bit of great dane in him. hes huge and climbs and jumps all over me. he doesnt get chance often to hurt too badly as i push him off. i worry about the same thing. yesterday he did put a massive foot right in the middle of my tummy and i was like 'oof!'. i dont know what he did to baby but im assuming its ok. i might get the doppler out later to check but i think if we were that fragile when we were pregnant we would never have succeeded as a human race for thousands of years :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->