Silly idea?

TwilightAgain

LTW for our LO <3
Reaction score
I'm considering selling my two mobiles, one is no longer in use - I would get around £100 (it's broke), the one I use I would get £200 which at the moment I pay £35 a month. I was thinking of selling the phones, buying a new phone for around £80-£100 which would overall mean technically my contract would be £26 a month instead because of the money i'd received back which over the course of the entire contract would save £216.

A lot of hassle for not much or worth it would you say? Has anyone ever done this? Did you regret 'downgrading' your phone?

I currently have an iPhone 5, and 4 (the broken one). I don't really use the apps really. I use the internet, texts, calls on the main. So I don't think it would be too much of a loss though I have small niggles.

No advice sorry I like to have an iPhone. But just wondering, where will you sell your iphone 4? I am upgrading next month but phone 4u will only give me £20 for my iPhone 4, it works fine but does have a smashed back (a cover makes it not noticeable!).

On Ebay, I looked a few days ago and some people were selling them for around £80-£100 - no doubt for parts. Mine looks fine but the lock button is broken meaning it can only be turned on via charge up.

I do like my iPhone but don't really feel like I utilise it that great (I have an iPad so that gets used more really).

At the moment I'm using my old iPhone 3GS because my Sony just stopped working. Older phone definitely struggles and takes ages to open any apps. If Internet is decent enough on an older phone then you should be ok.

I found it hard going from an iPhone to an android and it was the new Sony at the time! I can't wait to upgrade to another iPhone xx

Just do what makes sense for you hun- I recently got a new iPhone (5C) and love it- but have no other internet option at home other than our iMac desktop. So having my iPhone is nice for pics/web searches when I'm downstairs or out and about. Although sometimes I wish I wasn't so dependent! lol.

I just paid outright for it though so we save the contract price on our phones- which just makes more sense over the 2yr contract otherwise.

Sounds like you got it covered :)

I've downgraded before (from an Iphone) and regretted it but it depends, it sounds like it would work for you.

Marinewag, have you looked at the phone recycling companies. I've used mazuma before x

I was going to sell my brand new iPhone 5 which I got as an automatic contract upgrade. It's nice to have but not an essential and I rarely use it apart from the odd Instagram. Then it went and broke itself and the home button is kaput. Sod's law :dohh:

Where I live iphone 4s are going for 100-150 fully working so if you can get that for a broken one I would go for it!

On local selling pages you can get good amounts for iphones! I'd definately sell!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"