silly laundry questions!

wishuwerehere

dh, me and 2dds
Reaction score
I'm a bit lazy with laundry, i chuck whites and darks in together and wash on 30 and haven't really had any problems with colours running.
However i'm doing new baby laundry now and i've been given some really gorgeous new clothes which i am terrified of ruining! Basically i'm worried about dye running on stuff , so i'm after some advice.
So if i have something dark green, something red, some vests in several different bright colours, are these ok to go in together with Each other and other dark clothes or should i give them some sort of wash separately first? Should i wash them in cold water? What about clothes that are white with a bright motif on them? Like white with a bright red pattern? Should i wash that with whites or darks?
So confused!!!

This confuses me too, seeing as most of my years i only had dark wash now i find myself with whites, colours etc! If it's white with a motif id go white wash, if you have loads of bright colours id maybe do a separate dark colours wash and bright colours wash (like blacks greys and dark greens, red together, yellows pinks etc together) put them in piles and match them up as best as you can! If you're still worried you can get those sheets you put in that trap any loose dyes and stop colours running? Good luck!

If something is white with a bright motif then it would have been tested in production to make sure the colour doesn't run.

I tend to do whites, colours and darks. So things like vests - with without motifs and sleepsuits and knickers and things go in whites, bright stuff - anything that isn't white or really dark, and then darks - jeans and stuff like that. My problem is with food staining stuff lol! Watch out for bleaching things - if its a certain material it will go pink/blue ergh! :rofl: xx

It tend to do whites/creams, darks and then pinks/blues.

I try not to wash something say bright pink with something pale blue as I worry about the colour running.

I just stick everything in together with a colour catcher. The clothes have always come out fine. :flower:

Thank you for this. Iv never done much laundry, before LO me and OH just went out and brought new clothes when we ran out of clean ones. Then sent a huge load to our parents.

Now i tend to do whites / creams, blues / greens, red/pink, orange / yellow , blacks, greys. It takes me ages to get laundry done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->