silly question about reusable wipes

sahara

Me, my OH and DD Nicola
Reaction score
I am using normal baby wipes and finding them to be a bit of a pain and can see why its easier to use washable ones now we are full time clothies (well except at night)

When I changed his bum in sposies I used to scrape of alot the poo with the nappy ifykwim, but I don't do that with my cloth ones - don't wanna get more poo on them than I have to :haha:

So as a consequence the wipes take he brunt - so for thos who use them do you rinse before you chuck in the pail. Whats your method?

I want to keep things as wet free as poss in there. When he went to weaning I was gonna scrape not rinse.

Oh also what bottle d o you keep your spray in for those who use a spray
thx
x

i just use washable ones at home at the mo but i did use a old mini baby oil bottle to hold my wipe solution as it squirted rather than spray (which honestly too an age to get the wipe sufficiently wet)

though at home i keep a stack of wipes near the sink as wet them with warm water as i need them. they are much better for poos - disposable ones honestly just move the poo around rather than lift it off which subsequently means you use alot less washable ones.

when Q was exclusively BF i didn't bother rinsing either as i always do a rinse wash before my main wash. (30 mins @ 30) now his weaning poos are actually quiet solid they just roll off the the fleece liner into the loo. i can see why people like the flushable liners but i hate the feel of them.

Hope that helps i'm having a bit of brain disfunction due to the heat so sorry if its garbled!

did you need to rinse your wipes before chucking in the pail after cleaning his bum with the weaning poos? BF is ok easy peasy, just wondered when they got a bit more yucky whether you needed to rinse the wipes after use.

Thanks
xxx

I don't bother rinsing before sticking in the pail, usually they're not too messy because I get what I can get off his bum with the fleece liner, but I will rinse if there are lumps of poo on. I just swish it in the loo and then flush and wring, but then I don't mind wet things in my pail.

yeah I like to keep things as dry as poss. I guess If it was really bad I could scrape the worst of with loo roll. :shrug:

I have a bit of a poo phobia due to OCD a few years ago. Although loads better I don't think I could swish and wring. I need to keep poo contact to a minimum for my sanity :blush: :haha:

i am actually quite surprised I have the courage to use cloth at all - 2 yrs ago I would have had a meltdown :haha:

sounds like a mesh bag in your bucket will help as well as then you don't need to touch the nappies again till they've been washed.

i don't bother rinsing i get the worst off with loo roll then throw in the bucket.
i just do the rinse cycle first before adding detergent.

yup got 2 mesh bags - they are great for avoiding touching the poo :thumbup:

I like the scraping idea, I was planning to do exactly that scrap the worst off with loo roll or even a knife that I would keep in the nappy bucket and wash when I wash the bucket and then stick on a rinse first as I do now with the bf poo

I don't bother rinsing honey. I simply tuck them in the nappy before putting it in the pail.
I use a seal tight tub for my wipes. I make up my solution and pour it over and they keep for 1-2 days :)
I find it's much easier, as then I can simply grab the tub, and stick it in my changing bag, just as I would with 'sposie wipes.

It's surprising how easy cloth wipes are - I love them. He feels so clean & soft when I've used them xx

ooo thank you - whats your solution made up with x

we have a pail for wee nappies and a bag for poo nappies and their wipes.

It means when it's wash time I know what I'm going to find (no really dear husband, learn the difference or wash the nappies yourself :muaha:) I put the poo ones in the kitchen sink and fill it with water while I separate/ unpopper the wee ones into the machine. There is then a rinse off and unpopper in the sink of the poo ones and into the machine for the poo ones, my machine doesn't like chunks of poo as the catch on the door!

I also use the flushable liners which takes most of the poo - any wipes with poo on them get rolled up into the nappy, there is usually only 2-3 per poo nappy and it's no worse to rinse these than to do the nappy.

and reading that post back I didn't think I would ever be writing a post that contained the word 'poo!' so many times - look what motherhood has done to me lol :wacko::haha:

I just wipe the poo off with the nappy then use a wipe to get round the rest. I've got a pot of water with oil and aloe vera on the changing station to use. I get as much poo on my nappies as possible! that way I dont have to touch it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->