silly question but why do I have a sore tongue!?

Kbo9

Reaction score
Hi all,
This might be nothing at all to do with pregnancy but my tongue is tingly and sore and looks like I've burnt it on the sides!? I'm just concerned that I had my whooping cough vaccine two days ago. has any body had anything similar in pregnancy or after their vaccine? Don't want to bother the doctor as I wouldn't normally notice something like this! Baby is moving around as normal! xx

Have you eaten anything acidic? My tongue gets that way when I eat too much pineapple or the like.

Could be geographic tongue or thrush. I got geographic tongue with ds#1 and it has never gone away. And it's much worse durin this pregnancy. In most cases though, it goes away after you have the baby. It will look like red patches with maybe a white border. And it will hurt. Acidic, spicy and sugary foods can make it worse. Try an SLS free toothpaste too. That will help. I use Sensodyne Pronamel

Hi, I have a sore tongue too, mostly ulcers on the end, but one sort of red line in the middle that looks like a cut (but isn't). I had my whooping cough injection yesterday afternoon and the ulcers started last night but I wouldn't imagine they are related, just hope it goes soon otherwise its just another thing to add to the list of pregnancy ailments xx

I’ve had the same thing this pregnancy and honestly have no idea why but salty/acidic or spicy food definitely aggravates it.

Could be thrush I had it at weeks it was horrid xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->