Silly question: Do you sterelize a sippy cup?

Pink Sunshine

Reaction score
I will start offering a little water in a few weeks when DD starts solids. Just wondering how to clean the sippy cup. (obviously FTM) Should I boil it or just put it in the dish washer? Thanks!:flower:

We hand wash ours at the end of each day unless the dishwasher is full enough to be run; then they go in there.

I just clean all cups, bowls, spoons etc in hot soapy water! Dishwasher would do the job. I think the difference is that there are a lot of nooks and crannies in bottles where milk could get stuck!

I just wash it with all the other washing up. I stopped sterilising stuff for LO when she was about 3 months old so just carried on like that anyway :)

We just wash sippy cups, plates, cutlery etc even though we sterilise bottles- I understand it 's the milk curds that cause the issue with bottles.

I still sterilise all that we use, cups,spoons bowels etc. X

I don't sterilise a sippy cup. As far as I was aware we sterilise bottles because of the milk and that it can contain bacteria? But her sippy cup I wash in hot soapy water, bottle brush the inside then rinse in cold water

:flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->