Silly... really young

I'll be 20 in December, so I'm not too far off from you. I'm currently in school for Childhood Education and trust me, college makes the time absolutely fly by quicker than you thought. It's hard, I know, but in reality what makes me decide I need to wait is realizing that I want to be the mother that can provide in every way for my child. I don't want to have to work two jobs like my mom had to (even though I admire her VERY much :flower:) I want to be able to support my baby and be in a better position to have a baby. :hugs:

You may think your too young but here in the UK there are young mummies everywhere! Hehe I am only 21 and intending to try in april next year (I will be 22 by that point). I think everyone just goes their own course, whereas my friends popped off to university to further their education I knew I had no interest in it and so I stayed with my partner and looked for a stable job, first home, etc. I don't think I would have ever changed my decision and I am very happy where I am at the moment as I have always wanted to be stable so I can have my children young and enjoy my younger years with them..

As for waiting I know what you mean! I'm only waiting until april and its killing me, I see bumps and babies everywhere!

Plutosblue is right, I need more than 2 hands to count how many girls are pregnant/have had babies that I went to school with, and we're all only 18!

WOW! I have felt like that since I was about 12 or 13 yrs old. I have wanted to have children SO long. My first husband didn't want any. Good thing we didn't have any together I guess. He passed away. That would have been hard. You will get through it. Being in college alone is enough to keep you busy and your mind focused on other things.

It's good that you know that you need to wait and have a list of what you want to accomplish. That being said, I'm 18 and I already have two kids and am WTT for my third. When we want to start trying I will be 21 or 22. And if we have a fourth I'll be somewhere between 23 and 25. After my son was born, I wanted nothing more than another baby and my OH and I had actually decided to start trying in June 2009. However, fate had other plans and our daughter was born in August 2009. It is harder to try to figure out how to be able to go to college and everything. I have to wait until next fall to begin classes. As for working with kids, it could go both ways. It might help to be around them and get to care for them but once you go home for the day, it may make your broodiness worse. But it all depends. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->