silly things in nnicu that made you laugh?!

Wantabean

mumma with a new surprise
Reaction score
so i thought we could start a thread about the silly things our babies do/did that made us giggled while they were in nnicu lol

mines was the first day Cam tasted boobie juice :) i had expressed some milk into a syringe and he had it syringed into his feeding tube. they put a bit on a cotton bud and got me to put it in his mouth. at first he was quite resistent but the minute he tasted it he grabbed the bud and tried to stick the whole thing in his mouth. i have never laughed so much. i must have looked like a crazy person laughing my head off in the unit lol i swear he wouldnt let go and was desperate for more :rofl:

does anyone else have anymore silly stories to share and make us giggle?

xxxx

Good idea for a thread.

I was changing my lo nappy in the incubator through the 2 side doors of the incubator. I had taken her nappy off and was about to dip the cotton wool into water when my hand felt wet. With my baby brain I was very confused as I hadn't touched the water yet. I looked up and my BIL & SIL were laughing. With her nappy off Holly had a pee and somehow had it had went out the side door and on me! Never worked out how she had done as I thought you only had them problems with boys!

cam soaked his whole incubator the first time i changed him lol was very very funny lol never out his door though. clever Holly!!! lol :rofl: xxx

My best mate came up to visit, I was changing alex in the incubator and oh,my,god.....

She poo'ed everywhere in the incubator, I mean, everywhere, projectile :rofl: my arm was stuck in the incubator hol and I looked at my best mate opposite...

Cue whole incubator change....

Or the time me and another mum were drug dealing (domperidone :rofl: ) and stashing it in the incubator drawers :rofl:

Or when we went to express with our supplies of haribo, the other mum choked so hard on her haribo her milk schooshed everywhere and spilt some :/ we were hysterical, I'm sure everyone outside the room must have thought we were bonkers

Niamh Pee'd all over the know it all nurse that i dident like :D

Lozzy - result! :rofl:

Mine is a poo story too - Max projectile pooed everywhere, it shot all over the end of the incubator, green and watery it was....it meant that they moved Max into a cot earlier though :winkwink:

The very first time I was allowed to change Sophie's nappy unsupervised by a nurse, she projectile pooed as soon as I took her nappy off....then proceeded to put her foot in it, complete with all the wires....! Needless to say, I had to get help...

Then there was the time DH was sneaking photos of a certain male nurse for a certain SB22...:haha:

Oh and one day Sophie had pulled 3 feeding tubes out in the morning so when we left her to go for lunch, we put some mittens on her to stop her being able to grab the tube. We came back from lunch and the mitten was off, and ANOTHER feeding tube was out! The nurse gave her an ASBO, lol!

hahaha brilliant!!! Cameron pooed all over Garry :) he had never changed a nappy before then :rofl: xxx

Jamie was very good at projectile pooing too! He got kicked out of his incubator into a hot cot a bit early cos they were sick of changing incubators in the middle of the night!
When they had him stripped off to take an xray of his tummy for suspected NEC he wriggled and wee'd everywhere making them suspect that he wasn't infact ill at all!

Then there was the time DH was sneaking photos of a certain male nurse for a certain SB22...:haha:

Shhhhhh :rofl:

Yous are so gonna out me! dona mentioned him at the bliss meeting and I struggled to contain myself next to the hubby :haha:

Wish i had a hot male nurse to stare out, would have made getting up at 4 am more fun

My DS Austen has figured out how to pull his feeding tube from out of his nose, however much tape is on it! I only captured the last inch coming out yesterday and as much as it upsets he has to have it re-inserted, it did make me laugh how quickly and sneekily he can yank it!

when james came out of the incubator to a cot he use to poo all the time, needed changed at least every hour and he pumped loads, the nurses used to say he melt like a farm yard!! ha.. and he used to have a green mist rising out of his cot, he did smell tho, it was funny coz when i used to do his nappy the mums next to us used to look round n go humm james again lol
still aint changed 9 months later lol

I love this thread!

And am not surprised it is explosive poo which causes the laughs, I think most of ours came from that area too!

But we did have one nurse who was incredibly funny, and she kept us amused. Most memorably when we, together, decided that one of the babies didn't suit her name so we re-named her "mary doll" :haha:

I love this thread!

And am not surprised it is explosive poo which causes the laughs, I think most of ours came from that area too!

But we did have one nurse who was incredibly funny, and she kept us amused. Most memorably when we, together, decided that one of the babies didn't suit her name so we re-named her "mary doll" :haha:

:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->