Silly things you worried about while pregnant

I worried I wouldn't be able to put nappies on 'right'. HOW stupid? My OH made me practice on a teddy bear (OH had a 10 yr age gap between him and his sister so vaguely remembered!)

Oh and pooing in labour, yeah that was top of my list too. I was told I would stop worrying about it when I was actually in labour, but I didn't, and kept telling the MW that I was sorry but I was going to do it, but I never did.

haha worrier right here

same as other ladies, every time he wasn't moving i'd convinved myself something awful had happened, and once he arrived the worries would be over!!

worried about a long drawn out labout, when in fact it was over before i knew it

pooing during labour - i kept asking if i'd pooed, felt like i did but i didn't

being naked in front of my mum ahaha - nakedness whilst giving birth isn't really an issue...

having an ugly baby...

how many clothes you're supposed to put on! like if they're wearing a babygrow, do they need a vest? how many layers do you need when it's warm? how do you know if he's cold? didn't know he'd let me know if he was cold, and that i'd have a baby who is always warm and gets heat rash if i put a vest on him underneath clothes hehe

Hehe I had all these plans to keep my dignity whilst in labour as my mum was there, you know a sheet covering my bits etc. Nope, the last stage of labour I was walking to and from the bathroom as naked as the day as I was born, bleeding everywhere with a pair of scissors hanging from me (sorry if TMI)
My mum saw parts of me she hadn't seen for many years. She would have also seen my secret tattoo, which she hasn't mentioned anything about lol!

I was a habitual worrier during pregnancy. Google was not my friend. I can't even list the things I thought I had/were wrong as there were so many!

I guess one of the main things I worried about and still do is that I'm scared I'm not 'teaching' her enough and that she isn't going to be intelligent. In fact sometimes I worry if what I am doing will be to the detriment of her intelligence!

xx
haha yep! i stumbled naked and bleeding to the shower and my mum washed me, been a few years since she's seen it but i didn't care, i was in shock. and i stripped off in labour because i was so bloody hot lol :blush:

oh and tearing!!! i took ages to push as everytime his head was almost out i felt like i was ripping in two, panicked and stopped. it was only when she said he was getting a bit distressed that i started pushing like a lunatic, without contractions, and he flew out. i was left with 'franken-fanny' as my hubby calls it, because i tore to pieces and was stitched back together again hehe

I decided to find out the sex of my baby at the 20 week scan (a boy !!!) but then worried the whole way through my pregnancy that they had made a mistake and that I was having a girl! I ended up having a C section under general anaesthetic and the first thing I asked when I opened my eyes was "is it a boy"? Needless to say it was and I had worried for nothing! DOH!!:dohh::dohh::dohh:

I was just thinking today about how when I was pregnant I used to worry about changing nappies! I thought I'd find it really gross and disgusting and I'd hate and dread every nappy change but from the very first one I changed it seemed so natural.

Also I find it amusing that I worried more about changing nappies than I did about sleepless nights - what a fool I was! :haha:

Exactly what I was worried about. If somebody asked me to look after their LO for a bit I used to say can do anything except change a nappy. Now I love it because my LO's are very happy during nappy change. :)

I worried something would go wrong, and I would lose the baby. I ended up in hospital a couple of times because of this. I also worried i'd have an ugly baby :blush: and i'd have a really long hard labour (until I found out at 37 weeks i'd need a c section, then I worried about that LOL!)

Tbh, the things I should have worried about were how to deal with sleep deprivation, breast feeding and having an endless supply of patience for when LO was here.

ETA my hubby worried constantly about changing nappies and putting clothes on the LO. I'm sure he almost had a breakdown about having to put clothes on LO after she was born. I borrowed a dolly off one of my friends for him to practice on :haha: and put a whole outfit together, in the order it went on the baby, into a pack for him to open up when she was born! Turned out they left her wrapped in a blanket for ages and the nurse ended up putting her nappy on and dressing her with DH anxiously watching over :haha:

Louppey, your pic of your LO on her tummy puts Ava-Mae to shame! She'll be 4 months on Sat and tummy time is a struggle shall we say! She looks so happy! Ava-Mae will wriggle, do what looks like the worm and then just get frustrated and literally growl lol!

x

I decided to find out the sex of my baby at the 20 week scan (a boy !!!) but then worried the whole way through my pregnancy that they had made a mistake and that I was having a girl! I ended up having a C section under general anaesthetic and the first thing I asked when I opened my eyes was "is it a boy"? Needless to say it was and I had worried for nothing! DOH!!:dohh::dohh::dohh:

Same here! I was pushing and some random nurse came into the room and was like, "Aw she is almost here!" And I swear my heart stopped and I screamed "WHAT?!"

Probably everything! I worried about EVERYTHING, mostly because I'd never been around babies before so I was panicking that I wouldn't do everything right or that I just wouldn't be a good mom, in general.

yep, pooing in labour / nakedness in labour were top of my list! and no,the first didn't happen and the nakedness did happen and I just didn't care at all.

also i thought losing sleep would be fine because i suffered with insomnia for several years. nope, being woken with a baby is worse!!

Um silly things.. walking up and down the stairs with the baby :haha:

The baby's bedroom is on the first floor and the thought of carrying him in my arms up and down the stairs in the middle of the night (half asleep? tired? the darkness! what if, what if..) ... yea my husband laughed at me when I asked in a super genuinely concerned tone: ''How am I supposed to walk up and down the stairs with the baby?!!'' :shock:, his cold-hearted response: ''The same way you do now.''.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->