Silly things you worried about while pregnant

Natsku

Reaction score
I was just thinking today about how when I was pregnant I used to worry about changing nappies! I thought I'd find it really gross and disgusting and I'd hate and dread every nappy change but from the very first one I changed it seemed so natural.

Also I find it amusing that I worried more about changing nappies than I did about sleepless nights - what a fool I was! :haha:

Changing clothes. :haha: I was afraid I was going to break her neck or something getting the onesies off and on.

Pooing in labour (seriously, I could have cared less if I shit all over those bitchy nurses, I welcome it)

Getting sleep after the baby was born (what the hell was I smoking? SLEEP?)

Whether I would be healed quickly enough for sex (do pregnant women realize that you may have to actually schedule a babysitter for sex sometimes?)

A matching nursery (WHO CARES!!!)

:)

I didn't worry about that while pregnant but I did worry about it when she got here for the first couple of weeks! The kimono style vests were great for that though.

I didn't worry about that while pregnant but I did worry about it when she got here for the first couple of weeks! The kimono style vests were great for that though.

Yeah, I still love those.

practically everything that popped into my mind was dumb.
i think i thought having a baby would be a lot like having a puppy

i remember when i was 8 months pregnant my dog would wake me up once in the middle of the night to go outside.
I thought waking up at night would be similar to that...............:haha:

My main worry was that something would be wrong with LO and I stupidly told myself once he was here I wouldnt worry anymore. HA!!!

Pooping during birth. :haha:

And a horrible one.. ever since I was little I said I would die giving birth. So one night in the middle of the night I woke OH up crying. He asked what was wrong and I told him, and then went on to say, "Don't let him call anyone else mom." :dohh: Damn hormones.

Pooping during birth. :haha:

And a horrible one.. ever since I was little I said I would die giving birth. So one night in the middle of the night I woke OH up crying. He asked what was wrong and I told him, and then went on to say, "Don't let him call anyone else mom." :dohh: Damn hormones.

I worried about that too. LOL

I also worried that LO would look really abnormal because his ultrasound picture looked kinda scary.:dohh:

My main worry was that something would be wrong with LO and I stupidly told myself once he was here I wouldnt worry anymore. HA!!!

Haha I worried that too! I kept thinking I wish I would hurry up and give birth so I wouldn't worry anymore!

I worried about being sick in labour, although to be fair I worried about that all through labour and c-section too. Lying on the bed strapped to monitors and IVs, in unbelievable pain and having just been told I can't have an epidural OR pethidine or anything other than another two paracetamol for that matter, I thought 'well, great. I am going to die. There's no way my body can take any more of this, I'm actually going to die, and I'll welcome it because at least the pain will stop. But at least I don't feel sick!!'

I also worried about having to stay in hospital and always thought I'd want out as soon as possible - ended up in there for 8 days after having him and would happily have stayed longer, I didn't want to leave.

All through my pregnancy i was like a hypocondriact. constantly thinking something was wrong it got really bad and i think i ended up strapped to the ctg machine at my local hospital about 4 times, had 3 4d scans and 3 nhs ones :dohh:

<3

I worried about pooing in labour, my baby would look be funny looking, I was also convinced he would be a 10lb baby and didnt buy anything newborn as I thought it would be a waste (no poo as had a vontouse and forcept 'I want this baby out in 2 contractions' delivery, he is gorgeous, was 7lb 2 and still now fits in 0-3 month vests and was in newborn for a good 6-8 weeks).

I also worried about everything during pregnancy. If I didnt feel movement for a second I was hooked to a scan machine! I ended up having 5 or 6 scans!!!

Funny though I didnt think beyond being pregnant. I didnt consider feeding (although though I would like to try BF), sleeping, clothes, toys, nothing!

This pregnancy I plan to be a lot more chilled out as now I know what to expect.

xxx

haha worrier right here

same as other ladies, every time he wasn't moving i'd convinved myself something awful had happened, and once he arrived the worries would be over!!

worried about a long drawn out labout, when in fact it was over before i knew it

pooing during labour - i kept asking if i'd pooed, felt like i did but i didn't

being naked in front of my mum ahaha - nakedness whilst giving birth isn't really an issue...

having an ugly baby...

how many clothes you're supposed to put on! like if they're wearing a babygrow, do they need a vest? how many layers do you need when it's warm? how do you know if he's cold? didn't know he'd let me know if he was cold, and that i'd have a baby who is always warm and gets heat rash if i put a vest on him underneath clothes hehe

/\ WSS!!

I worried all the way through as I wanted my lo so much, I would worry something would go wrong and I just couldn't wait for her to be here so I didn't worry anymore... Jeez, I didn't know what real worry was until I had her :haha:

I worried that I'd need stitches after labour - it was actually the first thing I asked the midwife after 'is she ok?' and 'can I hold her?' I did need stitches but it was fine - the bruising was more of a bother.

I did worry about changing clothes, and admit to practising beforehand by putting a sleepsuit on a teddy :rofl:

And my main worry was probably about having the confidence to take care of her. It turned out that I was the only person not afraid to hold her when she was born - she was under 6lbs and everybody else was treating her like she'd break. I just kind of dived right in - it turns out that it is different when it's your own!

haha worrier right here

same as other ladies, every time he wasn't moving i'd convinved myself something awful had happened, and once he arrived the worries would be over!!

worried about a long drawn out labout, when in fact it was over before i knew it

pooing during labour - i kept asking if i'd pooed, felt like i did but i didn't

being naked in front of my mum ahaha - nakedness whilst giving birth isn't really an issue...

having an ugly baby...

how many clothes you're supposed to put on! like if they're wearing a babygrow, do they need a vest? how many layers do you need when it's warm? how do you know if he's cold? didn't know he'd let me know if he was cold, and that i'd have a baby who is always warm and gets heat rash if i put a vest on him underneath clothes hehe

Hehe I had all these plans to keep my dignity whilst in labour as my mum was there, you know a sheet covering my bits etc. Nope, the last stage of labour I was walking to and from the bathroom as naked as the day as I was born, bleeding everywhere with a pair of scissors hanging from me (sorry if TMI) My mum saw parts of me she hadn't seen for many years. She would have also seen my secret tattoo, which she hasn't mentioned anything about lol!

I was a habitual worrier during pregnancy. Google was not my friend. I can't even list the things I thought I had/were wrong as there were so many!

I guess one of the main things I worried about and still do is that I'm scared I'm not 'teaching' her enough and that she isn't going to be intelligent. In fact sometimes I worry if what I am doing will be to the detriment of her intelligence!

xx

I worried about how you know how many clothes to put on LO at night, and also how to make up bottles and prepare them when you go out.

Also worried that most of the things for her room and todys didn't match!! More colours for her, the better I now think :D

I had silly worries, like worrying about keeping his clothes pristine and stain-free.

I worried that he wouldn't be as cute as the other baby in our family (my then 11 month old cousin).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->