• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Silver cross freeway

I just got a second hand one of these today. It's lovely. It's so nice to push and it looks so comfy :D

Can I ask how you managed to fit it in a corsa Biglebowski? I tried today but could not make it fit? We had to put the frame in the back seat of the car! Do you put in flat down or on its side? I thought id tried everything :haha:

I make sure the front wheels are locked so they are tucked in. I also adjust the handle so its tucked right in. I put the frame in first, and make sure I lift it straight up and lower it down into the boot against the back seat. The silver cross logo on the side of the frame has to be right side up. The base has to be in a flat position, the hood facing into the frame. Sorry I'm not the best at describing it. I really struggled to start with but just practiced a bit and its no prob now.

Thank you. Can't wait for my OH to bring the car home so I can try and get this bad boy in it :haha:

Let me know how you get on. Id take a photo and show you but I can't upload photos from my phone for some reason?!

Yay we managed to get it in! So happy :D thanks so much for the advice! And sorry Bellaboo for totally hijacking your thread! Enjoy your pram :D

Haha it's fine :) glad you got it in! Ours only just fits and we hAve to put it in a certain way. OH isn't too impressed with it but I'm completely in love with the pram so it's worth the extra hassle :)

I just got a second hand one of these today. It's lovely. It's so nice to push and it looks so comfy :D

Can I ask how you managed to fit it in a corsa Biglebowski? I tried today but could not make it fit? We had to put the frame in the back seat of the car! Do you put in flat down or on its side? I thought id tried everything :haha:

I make sure the front wheels are locked so they are tucked in. I also adjust the handle so its tucked right in. I put the frame in first, and make sure I lift it straight up and lower it down into the boot against the back seat. The silver cross logo on the side of the frame has to be right side up. The base has to be in a flat position, the hood facing into the frame. Sorry I'm not the best at describing it. I really struggled to start with but just practiced a bit and its no prob now.

Thank you. Can't wait for my OH to bring the car home so I can try and get this bad boy in it :haha:

Let me know how you get on. Id take a photo and show you but I can't upload photos from my phone for some reason?!

Yay we managed to get it in! So happy :D thanks so much for the advice! And sorry Bellaboo for totally hijacking your thread! Enjoy your pram :D

So glad you got it to fit with my garbled instructions!! You'll be flinging it in the boot in seconds soon!! That was the main thing I was worried about when my OH went back to work after paternity leave. He always put the car seat and pram in and out. When I did it all myself I felt a step closer to being a mummy!!!

Does anyone who has the car seat to this pram struggle getting it in the car? It's taking us 10 minutes to put the seatbelt round and it only just fits. Is this normal?

It isn't super quick but I guess it takes less than a minute to put it in my zafira.

I pull the seatbelt out to its maximum length, then lay the belt across the top of the seat before I put it around the back and through the guide on the side. Then I clip and tighten.

I would love to get the isofix base but can't justify the cost. They didn't do the base when I had DD1 and as LO is my last baby I guess I will keep having to strap!

It isn't super quick but I guess it takes less than a minute to put it in my zafira.

I pull the seatbelt out to its maximum length, then lay the belt across the top of the seat before I put it around the back and through the guide on the side. Then I clip and tighten.

I would love to get the isofix base but can't justify the cost. They didn't do the base when I had DD1 and as LO is my last baby I guess I will keep having to strap!

It is so awkward. The other car seat was the same but wasn't as much of a struggle. I think the problem is that the seatbelt isn't as long as other seatbelts so it's a real stretch to get it around the car seat and now I don't know what to do! Considering getting a new car seat that goes from birth - 4 years but as Thomas is only 5 months old he technically doesn't need a new car seat yet. How much and what is an isofix base?

Take your seatbelt over Lo's legs, hook it in the clip at the side and then secure your seatbelt. Put the car seat carry handle in position towards the car seat back. Then pull the seat belt round the back, clip belt into place on the other side, then pull and tighten until your happy. I don't find it a faff but I'm tiny so climb in the back to a it!!!

If you don't have the carry handle towards the back of the car its a nightmare!!

The isofix base you plug into the car isofix points and then you can just clip the seat in the same way as you do to the pushchair wheels.

New from silver cross they are £130 and on eBay they are going for £80 plus delivery. OH says no way for 8 months of use. I was so tempted today as i have to drop dd1 off at nursery and pick her up so that's in and out the car twice just with that and it is so fiddly.

There's no way OH would agree to me spending that kind of money. I go to my mums a lot too so would be a pain as we only have one car so my mum picks me up a lot.

Is it normal for the back wheels on the pram to be a bit wobbly? I have had a look at them and they seem okay but feel a bit rickety when I'm pushing the pram. It's the same with my other pram too which isn't a silver cross.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hayley1990
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"